2nd line Service Support Technician
Job Reference: SSAB/03110
Salary: £25k - 28k per year + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 03-11-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Guildford, Surrey, England
2nd Line Support Technician required for leading client in Guildford
Reporting to the Service Support Team Leader you will be expected to provide hands on support of technical queries, moves, adds, changes and deletions across the group. Working to ITIL aligned process you will ensure our ticket queues are managed effectively and all tickets are always updated, escalated and closed with meaningful and helpful information.
Working alongside our 1 st line service desk analysts you will be responsible for mentoring the team and developing process and procedure to help both 1 st and 2 nd line teams deliver high levels of first time fix.
* Support and monitoring of critical systems and services.
* Patching and build of desktop, Laptops and mobile devices.
* Systems backup monitoring and reporting
* Traditional 2 nd line break / fix incident management
* Mobile device management including Blackberry, iPhone, iPad and Windows mobile devices.
* Working closely with external service providers.
* Strong customer service focus and ethos.
* Flexible, self-motivated and can do attitude.
* Coaching and mentoring approach when working with own team and others.
* Hands-on, experienced, skilled and confident technician.
* Microsoft accreditations MCSA
* Support of operating systems such as Windows 8, 7 and server 2008, 2012.
* IT service management awareness and understanding (ITIL Foundation V3).
* Desktop and server patching and packaging using tools such as LANDESK.
* IBM iSeries operations (AS/400)
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation