2nd Line Support Analyst
Job Reference: SLSAB/17110
Salary: £150 - 195 per day
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: 6 Months +
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 17-10-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, England
2 nd line support analyst required for a leading client in Birmingham
* Timely follow-up on their assigned and open tickets within the required Service Levels.
* Monitor high severity incidents to ensure resolution within communicated Service Levels.
* Installs, configures, and maintains all desktop, laptop, workstation and software systems for all company users.
* Provides technical support regarding system configuration, program usage, and desktop problems to users.
* Support and troubleshoot OS’s including Windows 7 and Mac OS X in a domain environment.
* Support and troubleshoot MS Office & MS Outlook application and functionality issues.
* Responsible for assigning and resetting passwords and testing systems security.
* Records problem and resolution details in the ticketing system.
* Applies knowledge of company policies and standard practices to resolve problems.
* Analyzes issues and uses judgment to make decisions.
* Escalates non-standard problems or issues.
* Alerts management to reoccurring problems and patterns of problems.
* Works with all levels of Management, including direct support to the VIP users.
* Orders and takes delivery of equipment as directed.
* Responsible for maintaining and keeping up to date assets inventory and CMDB.
* Remote support for Tier II sites.
* Troubleshooting and break fix Desktops and laptops.
* Printer support
* Windows OS x, 7 and Windows Server 2008 (Support).
* LAN Switches and routers
* MS Exchange configuration and troubleshooting
* Symantec Enterprise Vault
* MS Active Directory
* Office 365 (preferred)
* Mobility ( Mobile technology , configuring Smart phones,)
* Configuring Wi-fi devices VA routers ( ADSL ) 3G / 4G Dongles.
* Expertise on desktop / laptop builds on differenet models, DELL, HP, Lenova,etc
* Aspen Remote tool
* ITIL frame work ( Servcie now )
* Report ( excel ) / PPT
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation