3rd Line Support Technician
Job Reference: JSRSTECHSUPGB
Salary: Â£30000 - Â£35000 Per Annum Car Allowance + Brilliant Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 08-08-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Guildford, Surrey
3 rd Line Support Technician
Our client, a truly innovative market leader who operate in an incredibly dynamic and fast-paced environment is looking for an experienced 3 rd Line Support Technician to join their Technical Services team based near Guildford, on a permanent basis. The 3 rd Line Support Technician will have previously worked in a 3 rd Line Infrastructure Support role, have a thorough understanding of Networking technologies, as well as Windows Server.
The successful 3 rd Line Support Technician will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, a brilliant benefits package including a healthy car allowance!
3 rd Line Support Technician – Responsibilities:
* Provide 3 rd level technical support for hardware and software to the IT Services department including IT Service desk, Operations and Development teams, across all systems.
* Ensure documentation and procedures are created, of quality and maintained.
* To assess and compile detailed reporting metrics for specific service demands covering subjects such as performance, capacity and supplier management.
* To review and monitor the stability of our services and ensure availability and performance is maximised, and within vendors recommended guidelines.
* To provide support of software / hardware issues under the control of our IT technical services team.
* Investigate network device and system logs on a regular basis to ensure necessary actions are taken to minimise service disruption to the business.
* To manage effectively our configuration management database items (CMDB).
* Management and control of our services in accordance with our change control procedures.
* Attendance at CAB (Change Advisory Board) to provide technical support/ review.
3 rd Line Support Technician – Key Skills:
* Exposure to Microsoft server platforms such as Server 2008 and 2012 and hypervisor services such as VMware, HyperV and Citrix.
* Using and administering Microsoft office 365 services.
* Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and associated applications.
* Understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, switch, routing and associated configuration.
* Clustered Server environments – Virtual and physical.
* Experience in managing Active Directory.
* Hands on WAN, LAN, VLAN, and Wireless Networking exposure.
* Network security understanding of technologies such as Firewall, Load Balancing and mobile device management.
* Experience of storage area (SAN) device configuration.
* IT Service management qualification such as ITIL V3 Foundation.
* Understanding of network routing, switches, MPLS, data centre and security technologies including network Firewalls.
* Linux support experience.
* Exposure to Microsoft Azure, Rabbit MQ and BizTalk.
* Qualifications such as MCP, MCSA, CCNA, CompTIA, LPIC.
* Experience of working with managed service providers.
* Hands on experience of LAN, WAN, WLAN software protocols, IP protocol.
3 rd Line Support Technician – Benefits:
* Car Allowance (Up to £4,000 per annum)
* Annual Leave
* Pension scheme
* Rewards scheme
3 rd Line Support Technician
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.