Application Support Technician
Job Reference: STSR13_1501149330
Salary: £23000 - £27000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy Posted: 27-07-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Application Support Technician – Kent – £23,000 – £27,000 – Financial Services/Mortgage Services
My national client, based in the financial services industry, is looking for a Technical Support Analyst to join them at their head offices in Kent. This FTSE 250 company is looking to grow and expand further and in light of this, are looking to bring somebody on board who will be able hit the ground running with their Mortgage Systems Team.
The role will require the job holder to have a background in Mortgage originations and/or mortgage servicing. They will be responsible for supporting the delivery of technical functional specification documents in order to meet business requirements for system change.
The role will entail resolving support queries, supporting technical and environment related issues and understanding, identifying and delivering business BAU change needs. The role holder will become an SME on the mortgage systems and how it interacts with other applications and third party systems.
The role will require the job holder to work with colleagues and under direction of the manager / technical support analyst, on initiatives which may be support issues, small scale business process improvements and larger scale change initiatives. They will need to support the IT delivery manager to ensure that BAU change is delivered in a timely manner and efficiently.
- 12m working in an IT or MI environment dealing with databases and front end systems is essential.
- 6m previous experience working with a Mortgage Origination and / or Servicing system software or similar is essential.
- 6m previous experience working within a Mortgage Software Supplier / Client relationship is essential.
- 6m previous experience working with multi-location or offshore internal clients is essential.
- 6m previous experience in implementing 3rd party solutions and working with 3rd party suppliers is essential.
- Technical background working with IT systems is essential.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, SQL are essential
- Understanding of the project lifecycle and a variety of project approaches is essential.
- Knowledge of the mortgage origination and /or servicing process is essential.
- Intermediate to basic knowledge of mortgage third party interactions is essential.
- GCSE or O-Level qualifications in both Maths and English are essential.
- Degree, Diploma, Qualification or Experience in Information Technology / Computer Science is desirable.
- Holiday = 22 days, 1 day increase after 2 years completed service, maximum 28 days – 12 years to reach maximum
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 days in an annual leave year.
- Discretionary bonus of up to 5%
- Pension – 5% employee, 8% employer contribution
- Private Medical Insurance = 50% individual cover
- Private Health Insurance – a year’s service – 75% of basic salary, payable on an ongoing basis after 28 weeks of continuous absence.
- Overtime eligibility
- Death in Service = 4 times basic salary
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye Test
- Childcare Voucher
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.