Job Reference: AWSERAT13
Salary: £530 - 570 per day
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: 6 months
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 18-09-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Braine-l?Alleud, Walloon Brabant, Belgium
My global client is looking for an experienced Engineer to joing their Belgian team in order to optimise their AWS system. The AWS Cloud Engineer is an exciting role for an experienced systems guru that has one foot planted in Security in the Cloud and the other in DevOps Automation. This role will wear multiple hats, working closely with the developers to design and buildout DevOps Automation, while working with the Systems Administrators to maintain our Cloud infrastructure. This is a fast paced, exciting role, and well suited for someone looking to get their hands dirty in a lot of different areas.
– Cloud Engineering & Security
– Build and maintain reliable infrastructure and security services in AWS to deliver highly available and scalable services. Use native AWS infrastructure services such as EC2, EBS, Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch, etc.
– Advanced System administration tasks such as configuring servers and applications, automating routine tasks, backup/restore, etc.
– Provision and maintain accounts in AWS, issue VPN certificates, install SSH keys, etc.
– Serve on the on-call team, and as an escalation contact for service incidents
– Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications across all environments.
– Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations.
– Work collaboratively with all participants in agile software development project and support developers and testers as they set up their build Dev / Test environments.
– Automate everything to minimize manual work and meet security and compliance objectives in all aspects of the secure cloud ecosystem.
– Integrating automated software tests with the build process
– Script with deployment automation tools e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
– Implement automated high-availability deployments
– Become proficient in understanding how each software component, system design and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution
– Minimum of 3 years as a DevOps/Sys Engineer (or similar position) in a production capacity
– Strong understanding and knowledge of Linux, Automation Tools (Chef or Puppet), AWS Services (EC2, Network, ELB, S3/EBS, etc.) or similar Public Cloud platform, and scripting languages (Ruby, Perl, PowerShell or other).
– Knowledge of SQL & NoSQL databases
– Hands-on experience in working with security systems including firewalls, intrusion protection/detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management and content filtering etc.
– Knowledge of security concepts such as (cloud) Authentication, Authorization, web attacks (DDOS, SQL injections, person-in-the-middle, etc), securing web application, payload encryption & decryption, environment security, etc.
– Strong understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS.
– Experience with orchestration tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
– A track record of delivering IT and application automation using these automation tools.
– Experience designing/deploying highly available middleware or application components.
– A willingness to be flexible in responding to customer issues as they occur, and the ability to identify product/deployment improvements to mitigate future occurrences.
– Experience with cloud hosted apps/service, AWS experience required, and able to translate business requirements into securely implemented capabilities in the Cloud
– Deep understanding of version control systems (svn, Git, etc.), including branching and merging strategies
– Possess knowledge of systems infrastructure with domain expertise in areas such as networking, storage, high availability, cloud security, application performance, etc.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation