AWS Solution Architect
Job Reference: AWSSAMOUSE13
Salary: £530 - 570 per day
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: 6 months
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 18-09-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Braine-l?Alleud, Walloon Brabant, Belgium
My global client is looking to bring a highly experienced Solutions Architect with extensive AWS experience to their Belgian office. The successful candidate will be well versed in AWS usage and will have significant design and implementation experience.
– Technical Cloud Architecture role responsible for system planning, design and implementation. Design and deploy scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on Cloud. Lift and shift of existing on-premises application to Cloud.
– Assist in the development of a standardize cloud architecture and drive structure for the client’s use of the AWS Platform. Contribute to the development of technology standards, security standards, and processes.
– Design and develop solutions based on a strategic business and technical requirements.
– Regular interface with business, development teams, solution and application architects, shared services organizations and partners.
– Selecting the appropriate services based on data, compute, database, or security requirements. Identifying appropriate use of Cloud architectural best practices. Estimate costs and identify cost control mechanisms.
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
– Technical skills in the full life cycle of the software environment. Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies. Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
– Working knowledge and creation of AWS CloudFormation templates and Chef Scripts used to deploy infrastructure and applications.
– Ability to provide broad and deep technical knowledge and cohesive architecture approaches for strategic efforts. Technical depth in customer facing systems from an application, infrastructure, operations, scalability, availability, performance, people, process, and tooling perspective.
– 5+ years of design, implementation, and/or consulting experience with distributed applications or systems architecture, experience leveraging AWS/Cloud technology preferred.
o One or more years of hands-on experience designing available, cost efficient, fault tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS.
o In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language.
o Ability to identify and define requirements for Cloud-based applications.
o Experience with deploying hybrid systems with on-premises and Cloud components
o Capability to provide best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the AWS platform
o Knowledge of Cloud based Disaster recovery Services.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills (content creation such as whitepapers, proof of concepts, patents, etc.). Ability to explain complex technology decisions to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in the organization. Strong proficiency in English, written and oral.
– AWS Certified Solutions Architect Certifications desired
– Technical degree desired; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
– Experience with infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking. Additional technical skills desired, including the following
o ITIL / ITSM experience desired
o Hands on experience working in a RedHat/Linux environment
o Experience creating VPC locations, EC2 and S3 instances and autoscaling
o DevOps Technologies including Chef and Puppet
o Building web & mobile scale-out applications using memcache or Redis
o RDBMS (MySQL, AWS Aurora, Oracle, SQL Server, and Postgres) and NoSQL (Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, and Cassandra) data stores
o Implementing big data analytics w/ technologies like Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Amazon RedShift, and Amazon Kinesis
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation