BA for Business Intelligence
Job Reference: BIBAWOMBAT13_1502277292
Salary: £350 - £400 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 12 months
Job Start Date: 16/08/2017
Vacancy Posted: 09-08-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
BA for Business Intelligence (BI/BA) – Leicester – 12 month Contract
SUMMARY OF ROLE
- Ensure that the BI in EMA is in line with the global BI initiative
- Ensure that all BI requests are funneled into the central BI RFC process
- Gather the requirements for all strategic (currently JDI & BPH & Quote) reporting requirements
- Gather the requirements for other business reporting requirements where ever possible
- Work with the business customers to ensure that the correct data is reported
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review BI requests and ensure that they are entered into the central RFC process
- Adhere to internal project management methodology and standards
- Ensure all BI activities are documented in the SharePoint BI area, and tagged with the relevant keywords.
- Review the global BI portfolio to determine whether or not a requested report exists in the requested or similar form. If an existing report exists, then a gap analysis must be carried out to analyze the time required to modify the existing report.
- Prepare the business specification for all reporting requirements. This should include details of the data sources down to the level of fields and LOVs
- Work with the BI architect to create technical specifications. The technical architect will coordinate and work with external providers if needed.
- Determine if a reporting request can be met internally within the requested timeline, or if external resources should be brought in. The customer needs to be made aware that external resources are charged.
- Drive user testing of BI solutions
- Interfaces: determine if interfaces to other systems are needed to meet the requirements, and create a specification for each interface. Cross check new requirements against interface specifications, and modify if necessary. Push the deployment of interfaces in the required environments.
- Support the development and delivery of training material / user manuals/support procedures (incl. proof reading and comments on initial drafts)
- Supervise the maintenance of the current EMA reporting system (ERS), and work with the business to transition it to a global platform
- Ensure that realistic support models are in place for all of BI in EMA and establish, and continuously review SLAs
- Ensure that the all BI issues are resolved within to the published SLAs
- Weekly reporting on ITSS BI tickets
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong previous experience in business analysis or comparable discipline
- Experience in Business Intelligence/Reporting for a functional area in the business
- SQL skills
- At least 3 years experience in a multinational environment
- Ability to work with business users at all levels to understand requirements
- Ability to work with remote and virtual project teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good presentation skills
- Willingness to work flexible working hours according to project requirements
- Willingness to travel both inside and occasionally outside Europe
- Fluent in English
- Experience in SSRS
- Experience in data warehousing
- Experience in SharePoint
- Experience in Oracle
- Experience in system implementations/rollouts
- Nice to have
- Languages: French, Italian, Russian or Spanish would be an advantage.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.