BI Project Manager
Job Reference: BIPML/17108_1502983060
Salary: £450 - £550 per day
Salary per: Day
Job Duration: 12 Months +
Job Start Date: ASAP
Vacancy Posted: 17-08-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
BI Project Manager is required for our global leading insurance client on a 12 month contract basis
Lloyds of London Insurance Industry experience is absolutely essential for this position
The purpose of this role is primarily to:
- Manage Business and/or BI IT projects of varying sizes. Ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget and to the agreed scope.
- Support the Head of Projects and the Head of Business Intelligence to manage all on-going business change projects, providing senior management with an independent overview of project status, risks and issues.
- Act as a mediator between IT and Business stakeholders to identify and maximise opportunities to use information and technology to improve a service and/or business process.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of the general and Lloyd’s insurance industry is essential
- Experience working within the Business Intelligence domain and exposure to SII
- Proven Project Management experience including managing all phases of development: analysis, design, build, testing, implementation and hand over to support.
- Experienced in following a formal Software Development Life Cycle, with entry/exit criteria, quality checkpoints and governance.
- Experienced in following formal change, risk and issue management
- Experience of managing projects involving multiple Vendors and Suppliers
- Thorough knowledge of project planning, tracking and reporting techniques, including use of MS Project.
- Proven experience of matrix management of Teams of 6 to 30 people with different skills and experience: analysts, developers, testers, support roles, various non-IT contributors.
- Proven experience of taking learnings from post implementation reviews for Projects, applying these learnings on future projects and measuring the improvement.
- The ability to peer review documentation including that produced by other Project Managers.
- Proven experience of operating effectively with senior management is essential
- A strong delivery focus, with a good understanding of business priorities and the ability to make strategic decisions.
- The ability to drill down and break complex project problems down into progressively smaller pieces to then provide the appropriate guidance to the project team as well as the senior management team and sponsor(s) to quickly resolve issues.
- Experience with outsourcing and off shoring projects and support through effective collaboration with 3rd parties, including offshore and outsourcing partners
- The ability to produce high quality plans, and to ensure delivery against these plans, often to tight deadlines.
- Strong and proven stakeholder management skills
- Ability to influence and motivate people, both with and without direct authority, to achieve project objectives.
- Excellence in organisation and communication.
- Ability to build strong professional relationships both inside and outside the company.
- Decision making and problem solving skills – particularly a creative approach to problem solving.
- Attention to detail.
- A flexible approach is essential and the ability to prioritise effectively as work volumes will fluctuate.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills
- Good team player
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.