Job Reference: JSRSBAFIPERM
Salary: £50k - 60k per year + excellent benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 23-10-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London, Greater London, England
Based in the heart of the City, just a short walk from Bank station, a leading financial services organisation are currently recruiting for an experienced Business Analyst to join them on a permanent basis. Adding value to what is already an incredibly talented team. Working alongside other experienced IT and Finance professionals, you will be tasked with a mix of change projects, small localised changes and a small element of BAU support. The Group business areas have an exciting and challenging change portfolio to deliver in 2018. This is a ‘hands on’ role and will involve working closely with internal and external delivery teams, external vendors, infrastructure team and 3rd party application teams to support the analysis of application changes.
* Build strong productive relationships with the business, IT teams and external third parties in order to deliver effective solutions based on a deep understanding of the business
* Conduct requirements gathering sessions with various levels of the business & IT , ensuring that the strategic needs are being met while also realising incremental benefits
* Produce high quality business analyst deliverables, including business cases, user stories, use cases, acceptance criteria, functional & non-functional specifications
* Take full ownership of managing the product backlog of key systems
* Act as primary focus for questions related to business usage of systems within your sphere of influence.
* Support the system test teams, helping with understanding of the change and reviewing test cases to ensure full coverage
* Support the on-going development of the Business Analyst function, developing standards, procedures, and knowledge transfer
* Have proven experience of capturing, documenting and delivering detailed requirements
* Have exposure to methods for testing of requirements and measuring the delivery of these through the project lifecycle.
* Exposure to the full project life cycle, from inception to BAU handover
* Have proven experience of both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
* Experience of working in the Insurance industry – desirable
* Experience of projects with data modelling and/or MI/BI elements – desirable
* Hold relevant industry qualifications e.g. ISEB, PRINCE2 – desirable
* Have the ability to combine "soft" influencing, persuasion and consultancy skills with "leadership" qualities that will encourage business leaders to positively respond to questions, enquiries and requests to meet deadlines
* Intellect and gravitas to influence and gain credibility with business personnel and management
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business.
* Creative, proactive, logical and innovative – you do not accept the status quo
* Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the pace of response and leadership is critical to success
* Demonstrate a commitment to quality, service and personal ownership
* Be flexible and adaptable, able to work on multiple projects at any one time
* Excellent pension scheme – 10% employer contribution/5% employee contribution
* Interest free annual season ticket loan
* Private medical scheme
* 25 days holiday rising with service (maximum of 28)
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation