Job Reference: CA/14505MS
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£100000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 11-05-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
Cloud Domain Architect required for a leading client in Basingstoke
The Cloud Domain Architect supports project development by bridging the specific business problems and issues to the technologies that support them. They require a knowledge of the enterprise architecture, as one of their functions is to ensure compliance with the architecture in the application design. The Domain Architect role is project facing, and provides two areas of support: a business focus in ensuring the correct alignment of the technology with the business needs, and a technology focus in ensuring the technology used is complying with the architectural strategy and standards
* Work with the Head of Architecture and Enterprise Architecture team in the continual improvement of the architecture development methodology, framework, strategy, and architecture principles.
* Support the Head of Architecture in the proliferation of sound architecture practice, strategy, and principles.
* Identify and engage with business stakeholders and provide assistance in the identification of future business capabilities, solution requirements, and develop a solid appreciation on the business context.
* Maintain current application architecture views and define target and transitional application architecture views.
* Work with Data and Technology Architects to define data and technology architecture views.
* Identify and manage architecture exceptions during the definition of target and transitional architectures.
* Identify and manage design exceptions during the application design and development lifecycle.
* Support the Head of Architecture in the population, review, analysis, and management of the architectural requirements.
* Provide project analysis, design, and implementation support during the application development lifecycle.
* Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the client to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
* Provide leadership within a framework of prudent and effective controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed to fit within the Board’s agreed risk appetite.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Knowledgeable in the use of architectural modelling tools such as RSA, Abacus, Mega, or similar package.
* Experiences in the designing and implementing enterprise infrastructure and platforms required for cloud computing using Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services.
* Analyses system requirements and ensures that systems will be securely integrated with current applications.
* Experienced in the designs of Cloud services and management of consumtion.
* Has a deep understanding of system development in cloud environments, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
* Appreciation of corporate networking across Local Area Networking, Wide Area Networking, and Virtual Private Networking.
* Appreciation of Software Defined Data Centre, Software Defined Networking, Virtual Desktop Interfaces, and general hypervisor technology.
* Appreciation of security and network appliances.
Education and Qualifications:
* Certified to TOGAF Level 1 or equivalent architecture framework.
* A vendor Cloud Architecture or equivalent certification would be advantageous.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.