Job Reference: JSRSBICOGNOS_1503586202
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + excellent benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP - Will wait notice
Vacancy Posted: 24-08-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Cognos Developer – Birmingham
On the outskirts of Birmingham, our client who are a leading UK financial services company are looking for an experienced Cognos Developer. Utilising an overall knowledge of the BI space, you will be involved in exciting new projects developing Business Intelligence solutions in accordance with the corporate strategy.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company who are moving in the right direction, with an excellent team ethic and a fun/vibrant working environment whilst working on the most up to date technologies.
- Develop Business Intelligence solutions that align with the corporate strategy
- Ensure availability of SQL and SAS servers providing third line support during and out of office hours
- Participate in the support of BI systems as part of operational and helpdesk processes
- Design Business Continuity plans for the SQL and SAS servers ensuring compatibility with other company plans
- Ensure SQL servers are sufficiently flexible to respond to business needs
- SQL Database Operational support to technical users
- Ensure adequate testing and validation of changes and new development
- Work with the business to develop clear requirements and working with the relevant development team(s) to deliver appropriate solutions
- Fully understand the MI reporting requirements of the business, challenging thinking as appropriate
- Advise the business of the most effective way to provide the required information in a timely manner
- Use a range of tools to meet the Business Intelligence needs of the business
- Develop new information systems using appropriate toolsets to allow users to self-service their reporting requirements.
- Production of targeted operational and sales MI
- Knowledge of Cognos BI tools
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Incident management
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 / 2012
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Thorough knowledge of SQL Server 2005 / 2008 / 2012 /2014 /2016 including but not limited to: Management Studio, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Integration Services
- Full software lifecycle knowledge
- Design, Development, Testing, Implementation
- Knowledge of data warehouses and data marts
- Able to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )
- 28 days holiday
- 4 x annual salary life assurance
- Individual Bupa cover
- 5% matched contribution pension
Cognos Developer – Birmingham
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.