Data Protection Officer
Job Reference: DPOB/21109
Salary: £70k - 90k per year + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 21-09-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
Data Protection Officer required for an exciting permanent positon with a household name client in Basingstoke
Reporting to the CIO and liaising with the Legal, Compliance, Risk and Information Security teams as required, as well as with the Marketing, Product, Sales teams and HR and Finance. Ensuring the business is compliant and proactive with all aspects of applicable data protection laws and regulations
* Providing cross-functional support with respect to management of data privacy and protection risks.
* Providing expert guidance and input on new product initiatives and strategic initiatives.
* Preparing the business for the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Lead of program of work to ensure we are compliant and implementing essential elements of the GDPR, such as the principles of data processing, data subjects’ rights, data protection by design and by default, records of processing activities, profiling, uses of sensitive personal data, security of processing, and notification and communication of data breaches.
Provide expert guidance and support privacy risk assessments and processes
* Responsibility for the development and implementation of all policies and procedures relating to Data security at the client and for the monitoring and assurance of all data processing and usage within the business and its partners. Raise awareness of Data security at the AA and improve understanding and compliance across the organisation.
* Informing, advising and issuing recommendations to the client on its privacy compliance (including GDPR) in cooperation with the business central data protection functions, the internal audit functions, the information security functions, as well as the legal and the compliance team.
* Contributing to a data protection culture within the organization
* Advising on questions arising from the business ongoing recording of its data processing operations and decisions.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Substantial experience in a Data Protection role, preferably in a commercial, FCA regulated organisation with experience of information security, audit and risk assessment
* Deep understanding of systems, data and processes.
* Familiarity with privacy and security risk assessments and best practices, privacy certifications/seals, and information security standards certifications.
* Sound understanding of and familiarity with information technology programming and infrastructure, and information security practices and audits.
* Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and decision-making within the organization.
* Ability to communicate effectively with data subjects, data protection authorities and other controllers as required.
* Operating up to executive board level, with an ability to translate technical inputs into business outputs.
* Expertise in data protection laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
* Experience with designing and running data protection programs.
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Data Protection qualifications such as BCS Certificate, CIPP/E, ISEB Certificate & CIPM
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation