Job Reference: JSRSDATASCI1AD
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£70000 Per Annum Brilliant Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 05-10-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Oxford, Oxfordshire
Our client, a global leader within their field is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join their team based near Oxford on a permanent basis. The Data Scientist will have string experience with the likes of R, SQL, Hadoop and/or Hive, as well as an exceptional understanding of C++, Java, Delphi or Python.
The Data Scientist will primarily be working within an Agile development environment and will utilise a variety of data management analysis tools along with applied data analytics approaches to explore and predict data solutions. In addition, the Data Scientist will apply data science and machine learning approaches and tooling to automate the use of data to augment workflows in these domains, and to identify opportunities and insights from the raw data.
Data Scientist – Key Skills:
* Mathematical methods & techniques
* Techniques and algorithms related to model predictive analysis
* Experience of Data Science tooling e.g. R, SQL, Hadoop, Hive
* Software Development experience e.g. C++, Java, Delphi, Python
* Test automation including regression testing
* Experience of working in Agile development environment
* Telemetry capture e.g. Google Analytics
* Data visualization e.g. Tableau, Spotfire
* Source code management tooling e.g. Git
* Advanced level competency in C++ programming (minimum of three years commercial experience)
* Demonstrable expertise in use of Google Analytics APIs for data mining and analysis (minimum two years commercial experience)
* At least 3 years commercial industry experience of applying Data Science techniques and delivering solutions to similar engineering domains.
Data Scientist – Benefits:
* Annual Leave
* Discount vouchers
* Childcare vouchers
* Private Medical Insurance
* Life Assurance
* Many, many more excellent benefits
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.