Database Administrator / Engineer – MariaDB / MySQL
Job Reference: DBAMMS
Salary: £380 - 410 per day
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: 6 Months +
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 05-12-2017
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Database Administrator / Engineer – MariaDB / MySQL required for a contract role in Cardiff with a leading client
The MariaDB / MySQL Database Administrator reports to the Manager of Database Systems and provides expert knowledge on these technologies.
As the MariaDB/MySQL Database Administrator you will be responsible for performing both advanced and all general database administration functions including overall database and system design, database installs including upgrading and patching, backup and recovery and developing replication strategies. You will be required to create and integrate MariaDB/MySQL databases with available monitoring solutions. You will also work with service owners by employing advanced and general performance tuning strategies as the database expert.
* Install, configure, patching, and upgrading MariaDB / MySQL databases.
* Installation and configuration of Replica Sets, Galera cluster and MaxScale Proxy
* Assist solution architects with MariaDB / MySQL database and infrastructure design
* To provide resource for projects deploying MariaDB as their database solution
* To create and perform service improvement plans for the database team with regard to MariaDB as a RDBMS DBaaS.
* Ensure backup solutions for MariaDB are sound and are working correctly
* Monitor and manage database capacity
* Diagnose and tune database performance
* To automate regular database administrative tasks
* Produce documentation to support both project deployments and internal service improvements.
* Advanced knowledge and experience in MariaDB / MySQL database architecture and system design.
* Advanced knowledge and experience in MariaDB / MySQL database performance tuning principles.
* 5+ years of experience as a MariaDB / MySQL DBA in a high traffic, transactional environment.
* Experience with data sharding and horizontal partitioning.
* Experience in administration of InnoDB.
* Exceptional problem-solving expertise and attention to detail
* Experience in Linux environment with understanding of the operating system
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation