Job Reference: DBA/15918AH
Salary: Â£48000 - Â£52000 Per Annum Great Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 26-11-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Leeds, West Yorkshire
Database Administrator required for a leading client in Leeds to join them on an exciting permanent opportunity
Management of the of all clients data functions (MI and DBA team) to ensure the consistently successful delivery of the following:
* High availability of all business critical databases during core business hours
* Responsible for overall performance of all client system. Working closely with the Network Solutions Manager
* Responsible for ensuring high availability and expected levels of performance of the databases that support the core systems within the company
* To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
* Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades
* The delivery of regular and ad-hoc operational management information (MI) to all of the business
* To define database development standards, ensuring that the team is working uniformly to deliver quality, acceptable database performance levels in a timely fashion
* Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and meets defined change control methods defined by the team
* Advise and assist the IT Support teams in centralising the performance management or corporate and core systems and developing exception reports through scripting.
* To proactively seek ways of further improving the key activities of the team, including:
* The quality, accuracy and fitness for purpose of project deliverables
* The quality and range of database administration related services provided by the team, both internally and to other business units, primarily the Information and Analysis department
* An in depth understanding of IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles and practices
* Assessment and recommendations related to proposed database technologies or options
* Provision 3rd line support services to the business. Liaise closely with Service Desk Team Leader to ensure the highest level of support to users. Use skills and experience to identify and resolve root causes
* Maintain an appropriate software license tracking system that services the legal responsibilities
* Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls
* Formulate and deliver a database strategy consistent with the requirements of business objectives.
Skills and Expereinced needed
* Microsoft SQL Server Experience, including SQL Server 2012 and ideally up to SQL Server 2017, with knowledge of differences in all versions and across all SQL Server editions
* In-depth understanding of database security during their design and deployment
* Experience of enterprise database design, strategy and architecture.
* A highly capable business-oriented individual
* Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
* Knowledge of SSRS
* Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge from outside own area of expertise.
* Is pragmatic, able to balance business needs with the needs of security and data protection.
* Continual search for quicker, repeatable solutions to common risks.
* Work knowledge of MS CRM and MS SharePoint.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.