Job Reference: DB2D/01109
Salary: £45k - 55k per year + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Full Time
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 01-09-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Wimbledon, Greater London, England
DB2 Developer required for an excellent permanent position with a market leading client in Wimbledon
An experienced DB2 SQL developer is required to create, enhance and maintain business critical stored procedures, consumed through web services. The suitable candidate will be part of the Java and ESB development team and work alongside architects, administrators and developers, to produce the required deliverables. A thorough knowledge of db2 SQL development and SQL optimisation is essential for this role as well as the ability to work as part of a team in a challenging environment.
* Report to the delivery manager and provide regular updates.
* Establish best development practices.
* Convert high level specifications into technical solutions.
* Identify, document and communicate the agreed technical solution.
* Work alongside the admin team, to troubleshoot production issues.
* Understand, create, maintain and enhance complex DB2 SQL PL stored procedures on the LUW platform
* Parse DB2 XML functions to form XML documents from relational data
* Provide the necessary support throughout all phases of the development cycles.
* Resolve defects and production incidents in a timely manner
* Familiar with DB2 LUW v10.1+ features and functions
* Familiar with DB2 in an AIX / Linux environment
* Able to work as part of a team
* Experienced in SQL optimisation
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experienced with all aspect of the development life cycle.
* Proven knowledge of SOA and its impact on developing stored procedures.
Benefits include; 25 days holiday, Pension contribution, Travel Loands, Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation