Job Reference: JSRSDESKSR
Salary: Â£50000 - Â£60000 Per Annum Brilliant Benefits + Bonus
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 06-04-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Oxford, Oxfordshire
Our client, a true market leader within their field weho have experienced genuine growth in recent times is looking for an experienced Desktop manager to join their close-knit team based near Oxford on a permanent basis.
The Desktop Manager will be a strategic thinker and have an awareness of modern and up and coming technologies, as you will take ownership of the Desktop land scape and make recommendations regarding potential technology migrations.
Desktop Manager – Key Skills:
* At least 5 years’ experience as an IT EUC/desktop manager with responsibility for
end user compute in a fast paced, customer centric and multi-site business.
* Significant hands on experience of EUC equipment and technologies including
Microsoft OS, Google and AirWatch with an excellent awareness of current
technology trends and approaches.
* Good understanding of EUC automation tools in the areas of equipment
imaging/provisioning, starter/leaver processes and desktop management.
* Strong interpersonal skills with an inherent ability to effectively communicate with
and influence others up to a senior level.
* High levels of energy, drive and resilience, with the flexibility to thrive in a
fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Must be able to multitask and manage a large and varied workload and
demonstrate high levels of self and team organisation.
* Drive and determination to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
* Minimum ITIL V3 Foundation certified and significant experience in ITIL aligned
Desktop Manager – Responsibilities:
* Identifying, proposing and leading EUC service improvement initiatives and projects
according to an agreed plan.
* Working closely with the Infrastructure, Applications, Service Management and
Security teams to ensure there is a coordinated approach to EUC service
improvement and day to day operations.
* Overseeing and managing the EUC support queue ensuring all tickets are
resolved/fulfilled within SLA and customer satisfaction targets and other KPIs are
* Ensuring a holistic set of standard operating procedures and wikis are actively
maintained and utilised for all in house and third party EUC support activities.
* Managing the EUC support rota, ensuring appropriate staffing and skill levels are
available to deliver support activities in line with defined schedules and service
levels, and in accordance with agreed policies, processes and procedures.
* Ensuring necessary skills and experience levels are maintained within the team,
relevant to the services/technologies being supported and processes being used.
Desktop Manager – Benefits:
* Annual leave
* Pension scheme
* Discretionary bonus
* Life assurance
* Friends & family discounts
* Retail discounts
* World class training and development
* Employee assistance programme
* Genuinely pleasant working environment, close-knit team
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.