DevOps – £50,000 – £65,000 pa
Job Reference: 15983CB2
Salary: Â£50000 - Â£65000 Per Annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 10-01-2019
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Horley, Surrey
DevOps – £50,000 – £65,000 pa
Our client a leading insurance company are looking to recruit a DevOps Engineer to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
The nature of the role will include leading a team of highly skilled dev ops experts and application support engineers, who are responsible for build, software configuration management and application support. The role will have responsibility for reviewing and implementing automation of these processes where appropriate. This role will also have responsibility for defining and building a continuous integration platform to support the development of several of the company’s software products.
* Line management and personal development of a team of highly skilled technical experts.
* Working closely with Program Manager, Project Managers and Business Analysts to produce
* Accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery.
* Experience of people management and the ability to lead and influence others.
* Relevant experience as a DevOps/SCM engineer, or in a position with similar skill sets and
* Responsibilities. Strong Unix (Linux/AIX), Oracle experience.
* Experience building and managing Docker containers.
* Experience using Jenkins & Git.
* Relational database experience. (Preferably Oracle with a working knowledge of PL/SQL).
* Familiarity with network protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
* Knowledge of Desired State Configuration technologies such Puppet, Chef, Docker Compose or Ansible
* Capability to support a software development teams’ timelines and targets.
* Capability and desire to be a strong team player.
* Experience establishing standards and procedures and advocate best practices.
* Familiarity with change management systems and processes
* Familiarity with principles of continuous integration and the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
* Strong knowledge with Continuous Delivery Concepts.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Oracle development database administration experience (DBA)
* Web application security
* Performance tuning
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.