DevOps Engineer – London
Job Reference: 15931
Salary: Â£55000 - Â£70000 Per Annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 22-11-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Greater London, London
DevOps Engineer – London
Our client a a leading online retailer are looking to recruit a permanet DevOps Engineer to join their growing team.
You’re someone who’s smart, organised, motivated and gets things done. You want to work in a buzzing environment, because you like the idea of doing a bit of everything and taking ownership of what you work on. You have ideas about everything, and you’re not afraid to argue your point (while respecting everyone else’s of course). You’re constantly thinking "how can we do this better?".
You’re passionate about:
* creating robust, flexible and performant infrastructure using the latest technology and best practices
* making the development workflow as smooth and efficient as possible through automation and tooling
* creating and managing effective continuous integration & delivery/deployment processes
* being an integral part of the development process, not just a system administrator, and working in a collaborative technical team
* Programming skills, preferably in Python
* Experience with Docker based systems
* An understanding of CI/CD workflows and tools
* Experience in provisioning, operating and managing all things AWS (we make use of ELB, EC2, ECS and ECR, RDS, Redshift, CloudFormation and many more…)
* GNU/Linux system administration and networking
* Experience with configuration management and IaC (ideally CloudFormation)
* Experience with monitoring and logging tools
* An excellent understanding of high availability, load balancing and service discovery concepts and technologies
* A computing or software engineering degree. In the absence of one we expect you to show that you’ve taken steps to fill this gap in your training/knowledge.
Nice to have experience
* Relational databases
* E-commerce websites
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.