Job Reference: 15403CSR
Salary: Â£55000 - Â£100000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 28-09-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
DevOps Lead required for a leading client in Basingstoke
As the DevOps Lead, you will define and drive the DevOps strategy across The clients’s application estate and will govern, design and manage the delivery of continuous integration, delivery and deployment solutions. You will also be responsible for the delivery of systems orchestration, automation and configuration management for our applications.
You will be responsible for the technical delivery of DevOps projects, creating and managing technical project plans, managing resources to ensure project requirements are met, and accountable for delivering on time and within budget.
You will model delivery excellence for more junior members of the team and engaged partner resources, providing technical guidance, reviews and striving for continual process improvement.
You will specialise in the technical areas of expertise as described below.
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Work closely with business & IT stakeholders and delivery partners to understand the business requirements and to drive the design and development of high-quality technical solutions (incl. Build, Deployment, Automation, Continuous Integration, etc.).
* Drive consistent & repeatable DevOps processed & tooling across our application estate.
* Provide quantified delivery estimates for assigned changes & projects. This will include challenging estimates provided by external development partners. Manages demand as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
* Manage all assigned DevOps projects or continuous improvement activities within change initiatives, projects or programme to fully meet the defined functional and non-functional requirements within budget and timescale.
* Interview and selects onshore and offshore DevOps consultants and engineers.
* Model best practice, acting as a role model for more junior members of the DevOps team.
* Accountable for assigned deliveries within the client’s project methodology framework.
* Responsibilities may include participation in component or architectural or solution design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and recommendations.
* "Hands on" development and peer reviews as required, exercising troubleshooting and methodical diagnostic skills to resolve issues. On occasion, you may be expected to provide an ‘out of hours’ service for business critical issues.
* Reviews requirements, functional specifications, architectural designs and testing strategies. Recommends alternative technical solutions to meet DevOps requirements more efficiently, ensuring greater standardisation and reusability. Recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
* Representation as required on project management teams and occasional steering groups.
* Collaborates with architecture, infrastructure, security and external partners to ensure alignment on design is achieved.
* Applies significant knowledge of industry trends, standards and developments to improve technical deliveries and service.
Capability, Knowledge & Expertise
* An in depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
* Has demonstrable experience in designing, building and running systems for application deployment, systems orchestration and configuration management to support our existing estate and to drive improvement.
* Has experience working closely with IT Operations, IT Development and IT Service teams to promote DevOps culture.
* In depth understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, software configuration management, version control and release management.
* Strong technical project management skills in agile and/or Waterfall
* Has demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes/projects.
Technical & Functional Experience
* Version control solutions, specifically Git, GitHub, and SVN
* DevOps methods (integration & automation)
* Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling, specification Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy
* Configuration management tooling, such as Ansible and Puppet
* Orchestration tooling
* Automated tested tools, such as Selenium
* Collaboration tooling, such as Gerrit
* Containerisation tooling, such as Docker, Kubernentes, or similar
* Cloud Computing services, specifically Microsoft Azure SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
* .Net or Java software development experience
* Good knowledge and hands on experience of Sitecore 8.1 (or greater), JBoss EAP 6.4 (and greater), Weblogic 10.3, Apache 2.2 (or greater)
* Good knowledge and hands on experience of Database technologies, such as SQL Server, Oracle,
* Working within Scrum, Kanban or Lean methodologies
* Experience of ITIL and IT Management systems, such as ServiceNow, Jira, and Confluence
* Experience of Pega CRM
* Automated testing tools
* Good knowledge and hands on experience of Windows and Linux based operating systems
* Experience in the following business areas will be advantages:
* Mobile solutions
* Must have strong team management ability, influencing and organizational awareness
* Must be able to run a technically focussed team, either direct reporting line or matrix management
* Strong analytical and management skills
* Interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
* Experience of leadership through coaching and mentoring
* Vendor or offshore management experience will be advantageous
* Prior management, supervisory and/or team leadership experience is beneficial.
Education and Qualifications:
* Must have a degree or equivalent qualification
* Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.