Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Planning analyst
Job Reference: DRBCPAL/29103
Salary: £400 - £500 Per Day
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: 3 months +
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 29-03-2018
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Greater London, London
Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Planning analyst required for banking client in London
Our client is seeking a Disaster Recovery/ Business Continuity Planning analyst and project assistant to be part of the Global Technology Services Team. The role will be responsible for liaising with technology and developments teams based in London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt and India to develop DR runbooks to manage large scale business recovery tests.
* Plan DR tests to ensure continual operation in event of primary system outage.
* Provide monthly RAG status/presentation to Crises Management Team and senior management of AACB
* Regular meetings with Operational Risk Control team to ensure continuous improve our level of maturity and failover automation.
* Manage DR testing during the transition project of AACB systems from current mode of operation ( CMO) to Future mode of Operation (FMO).
* Assist with internal and external audits providing an overview of test outcomes and evidence as needed
* Ensure our compliance to BSI standards. (ISO 22301)
* Ensuring each DR test is planned, approved and correctly documented on the intranet for future reference
* Manage and maintain the annual DR test calendar and securing resources
* Ensuring system RTO/RPO are met in line with SLA’s agreed with the business lines.
* Highlight areas for improvement and report any findings from DR test execution in the DR test report.
* Attend weekly Planning Board sessions and ensure tests do not conflict with other planned activities
* Provide continuous improvement of the DR framework
* Occasional weekend work to assist with DR test coordination and execution
* Assist with Project delivery and management of tasks around IT change
Knowledge and Experience
* Good understanding of Business continuity and disaster recovery planning and testing
* Good knowledge of using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* General understanding of Client/server technologies including VMWare, Storage, Databases, Mainframes and banking applications
* Prince2 certification desirable.
* Knowledge of ITIL framework.
* Appreciation of working in an Agile environment.
* Awareness of Technology Governance, Risk and compliance in the financial sector.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.