Job Reference: EA/35365
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£75000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 02-05-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
The Enterprise Architect required for a leading British client in Basingstoke
The Enterprise Architect performs the leadership, facilitation, analysis, and design tasks required to develop the clients enterprise architecture and to ensure that this is leveraged. The role focuses across more than one project at any given time while supporting individual Domain Architects on individual solutions.
* Work with the Head of Architecture in the continual improvement of the clients architecture development methodology, framework, strategy, and architecture principles.
* Support the Head of Architecture in the proliferation of sound architecture practice, strategy, and principles.
* Identify and engage with business stakeholders and provide assistance in the identification of future business capabilities, solution requirements, and develop a solid appreciation on the business context.
* Identify and manage architecture exceptions during the definition of target and transitional architectures.
* Develop road maps describing the evolution of enterprise solution portfolios from current state to future state.
* Work closely with the enterprise program management office or project office to ensure alignment of plans (including migration plans and road maps) with what is being delivered (projects).
* Ensure that project management or solution delivery life cycle efforts and project architects specifically leverage all aspects of enterprise architecture.
* Define architecture principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
* Define models, including solution patterns, to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
* Consult with other enterprise architects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the organisation, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs.
* Understand and advocate the principles of business and IT strategies, as well as of architecture development and service delivery. Be prepared to "sell" the architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results, and to lead the communication, marketing or educational activities needed to ensure success and use.
* Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the organisation to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
* Provide leadership within a framework of prudent and effective controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed to fit within the Board’s agreed risk appetite.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Knowledgeable in the use of architectural modelling tools such as RSA, Abacus, Mega, or similar package.
* Application of an architecture meta-model such as TOGAF Content Framework or similar meta-model.
* Broad exposure to information security concepts and practices.
* Broad exposure to Cloud services including Infrastructure As A Service, Platform As A Service, and Software As A Service.
(One of the following specialisations will be applied – not all)
(Enterprise Application Architect)
* Broad experience in application development and scripting languages, including .Net and J2EE, and the Software Development Life Cycle.
* Appreciation of Enterprise and Web Content Management Systems.
* Appreciation of Mobile Applications and Technologies.
* Appreciation of Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management technologies.
(Enterprise Data Architect)
* Experienced in Master Data Management.
* Experienced in the definition and management of Enterprise Information Models.
* Experienced in the definition and governance of data relationship design and modelling.
* Appreciation of the concept of Big Data and technologies such as Data As a Service, Oracle Exadata, SAP Hana, and Hadoop.
(Enterprise Infrastructure Architect)
* Experience in corporate networking across Local Area Networking, Wide Area Networking, and Virtual Private Networking.
* Appreciation of Call Centre and Voice systems,
* Appreciation of Software Defined Data Centre, Software Defined Networking, Virtual Desktop Interfaces, and general hypervisor technology.
* Appreciation of security and network appliances.
(Enterprise Integration Architect)
* Experienced in Service Orientated Architectures.
* Experienced in API Management and Security.
* Appreciation of Business Process Modelling.
* Appreciation of the application of micro-services.
Education and Qualifications:
* Certified to TOGAF Level 2 or equivalent architecture framework.
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.