Exadata Database Administrator
Job Reference: EDBAL/15106SR
Salary: Â£65000 - Â£100000 Per Annum Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 18-07-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Greater London, London
Exadata Database Administrator required for a leading financial client in central London
Work within the Database support team, which support the clients systems. The role is responsible for Database management of the Clearing applications utilising Oracle, PostGres (Enterprise DB PAS) and MS SQL DB technologies including performing administration, configuration, installation, maintenance, tuning, and support of the database environments
* The candidate should be a long standing Oracle professional with suitably extensive experience operating Exadata in a production environment.
* The candidate needs to demonstrate the ability to coach peers, and to provide clear, concise instructions.
* Candidates with exposure to other RDBMS platforms will be looked upon favourably, although the key skills are paramount
* Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the Clearing Database Environments
* Works closely with support team colleagues to ensure that the associated hardware resources for the Database environment are configured for optimum performance and availability
* Proactively monitors database environment to ensure minimum downtime
* Provides regular trend analysis to track database performance and throughput, for capacity planning purposes.
* Responsible for enhancements, maintenance and upgrades to the database environment.
* Works with business, architecture, development and technical colleagues to manage and implement changes
* Carries out analysis of potential hardware problems prior to contacting third-party support.
* Escalates problems to third-party support when necessary – acting as a point of contact.
* Analyses and resolves problems when they arise providing details of the resolution in the call logging system. Liaises with users to ensure fast and satisfactory problems resolution.
* Develops automated housekeeping and monitoring/alerting tasks to reduce the need for manual intervention. Investigates and develops methods for performance optimisation and the prevention of recurring problems.
* Ensures all system and application changes are approved via the appropriate Change Control methods.
* Develop and maintain runbooks for High Availability and Disaster Recovery tests and is responsible for planning and running these tests.
* Work with the architecture team to provide technical expertise to define and implement a global infrastructure to support existing and future projects
* Provide database expertise to the development team (internal and external) regarding development around database technology, covering deployment best practise and configuration for AAC Clearing applications
Knowledge and Experience required
* Prior experience of managing production Exadatas configured using Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture (RAC, Dataguard, Exadata).
* Experience with software lifecycle management of all Exadata components, from component firmware updates to Oracle RDBMS.
* Experience managing hardware component failures within Exadata, such as disk or flash drive failures.
* Experience configuring storage cell features and functionality, preferably up to Exadata System Software 18c.
* Experience with storage cell maintenance operations.
* Experience providing non-production environments using Sparse Test Master database
* Must have a strong understanding of the architectural and operational complexities of solutions deployed within a Oracle environment with hands on experience of many of the following technologies
* Performing administration, configuration, installation, maintenance, tuning, support and undertake troubleshooting of the database environments
* Capacity Management (proactive housekeeping/archiving)
* Managing Backups, Disaster Recovery and High Availabilty of the database environments
* Support software developers with database operations including the support of SQL, creation of stored proceudres etc
* Knowledge of Continuous Intergration (eg.. Ansible, Chef)
* Understanding of and adherence to ITIL Change control procedures.
* Strong knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Linux, Red Hat Linux, Active Directory, VM Ware,
* Knowledge of Storage (SAN/NAS/DAS)
* Knowledge of clustering & network technologies
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.