Financial Systems Manager
Job Reference: FSMCL/05112
Salary: £40k - 47k per year + Great Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 05-12-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London, Greater London, England
Financial Systems Manager is required for a global leader in Central London
The Finance Systems Manager reports to the Head of Financial Accounting & Operations and takes primary responsibility for two of the key Finance Systems – Infor SunSystems/Q&A (financial ledger) and Proactis (purchase ordering); as well as the relevant interfaces from various feeder systems. The post holder will undertake work across the organisation to support the finance systems that underpin the accurate recording of financial transactions.
The post will manage three areas:
1) Finance Systems – responsible for the finance systems and system interfaces.
2) Training – responsible for ensuring that appropriate training is adequately provided.
3) Systems development – responsible for developments to both systems and interfaces
Responsibilities will include the following but not limited to:
* The maintenance, administration and running of the clients finance systems and their interfaces which include SunSystems, Proactis, TM1 and the other supporting systems such as Albany E-Pay.
* The routine procedures required for the effective running of the finance systems.
* The documentation of the organisation’s finance systems and processes that have an impact.
* The delivery of training for users of the finance systems.
* Working collaboratively with other managers at all levels as required in various functions across the organisation to review the use of finance systems and make recommendations for their development.
* The continuing development of the systems in order to maximise their benefit to users and their contribution to meeting the organisations objectives. To deputise for the Head of Financial Accounting and Operations on finance systems issues
* Working knowledge of financial accounting packages such as SunSystems, purchase to pay systems such Proactis, reporting tools such as Q&A and TM1.
* Extensive experience of managing and administering financial systems.
* Working knowledge of relational databases such as MS Sequel Server and Reporting Services.
* Significant experience of data extraction, manipulation and presentation, using recognised tools such as transact SQL and VBA
* Experience of working within a defined project methodology such as PRINCE2. Proven experience of successful project-management of systems development and upgrade work, including development of specifications and undertaking appropriate testing.
* Considerable experience in using information systems, including accounting packages, spreadsheets and statistical reporting tools – Advanced Excel (including VBA) and data manipulation skills.
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, particularly the ability to convey financial and technical systems issues to non-specialists in a clear and concise manner.
* Highly developed numeracy skills with the ability to interpret, analyse and present financial and other data in a clear and accurate format. Good understanding of double-entry book keeping and accounting concepts.
* Strong people-management skills with a demonstrable record of success in managing, motivating and developing staff.
* Proactive approach and skill in creative problem solving.
* Effective interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to establish, develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of people and to achieve desired outcomes through those relationships, including software providers, external IT providers and internal IT department.
* Ability to understand a wide range of stakeholder needs (internal and external) and adapt approach as necessary
* Ability to organise and plan own work identifying conflicting demands and establishing clear priorities in order to meet agreed objectives.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation