Front End Developer – Home Working
Job Reference: FEDP/16108_1502899766
Salary: £28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: Will Wait Notice
Vacancy Posted: 16-08-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
Front End Developer required for our established client in the heart of Portsmouth.
We need a passionate and enthusiastic front end developer to join our digital customer experience team, to design, develop and test the our clients website, accessed by over 100,000 unique users per month. The role will also play a key role in delivering a number of exciting digital projects across the organisation.
Although this role has a home working aspect, you will be required to travel to the office occasionally so local candidates preferred
Reporting into the digital customer experience manager, the post holder will be customer centric and excited by transitioning data insight into actionable development, which combined will continually evolve the user experience for the customers.
Working closely with the graphic design team, the post holder will be responsible for communicating UI design briefs and will have excellent knowledge of developing websites built on WordPress, other open source CMS and third party platforms.
The digital customer experience developer will have strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work with key stakeholders at all levels and translate requirements into functional specifications and development plans.
What you must have:
- You will have a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area and/or an appropriate relevant professional qualification and proven experience in a similar role
- Significant proven front end development experience building high-traffic websites
- Knowledge and experience of developing apps.
- You should be up to the challenge of making websites interactive, easy to use and accessible across all devices
- Experience of responsive design and developing for multiple browsers and devices with a strong focus on customer centricity
- The ability to debug front-end website issues using the inspector tool, comfortable working independently and proactive in solving any issues and bugs you encounter
- You will be able to run with existing digital projects and pick up new challenges, with the ability to multi-task with a high level of accuracy and manage competing priorities to deliver to deadlines
- Strong clean code writing skills with a high attention to detail
- Experience and technical knowledge of managing and maintaining a number of domains
- clients digital presence
- An understanding of accessibility principals, with a broad knowledge of WCAG and DDA technical standards
- Knowledge of User Acceptance Testing principals and processes to ensure your quality of work is delivered to a high standard and provides a consistent user experience
Benefits include: 30 Days holiday – rises after 5 years’ service, Flexitime, Time off in lieu, Home working, Pension contribution, Travel Loans, Work place nursery, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts, Opportunity for development (Training and learning)
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.