Global Network Manager
Job Reference: JSRS15410HB
Salary: Â£50000 - Â£60000 Per Annum excellent benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 18-07-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Bedfordshire, Dunstable, England
Global Network Manager – Dunstable
Working for a large manufacturer and distributer of specialist products, this is an excellent opportunity to join a leading organisation based in Dunstable and help drive their network team forward across the globe.
* Lead a global team to deliver and operate a data network which meets current and future business requirements.
* Design authority for all technical aspects of the network, including network security and protection against vulnerabilities
* Qualification of the network infrastructure to ensure design and implementation complies with requirements and relevant standards
* Manage third-party service, hardware, and software suppliers to ensure delivery against SLAs
* Manage the budget for network, including forward planning
* Recommend technical network enhancements, maintaining an awareness of emerging technologies and providing recommendations for business-enhancing changes.
* Ensure that the core security systems are kept up-to-date with anti-virus definitions and latest intrusion prevention methods
* Lead the Network Change Advisory Board to review proposed changes
* Manage any network-related Major Incidents and own responsibility for delivering ITIL-based problem reports
* Maintain remote monitoring systems
* Deliver regular management reports covering network and related supplier performance
* Train necessary IT operational teams to allow them to support the network, whilst providing sufficient access to perform those duties.
* Ensure documentation, policies and procedures are kept up to date and published.
* Accountable to establish and maintain a dialogue with business stakeholders for efficient IT delivery of network services
* Excellent networking skills, including all aspects of a global corporate network (LAN, WAN, Firewalls, VPN, Wifi and network security)
* Excellent interpersonal negotiation and influencing skills and ability to communicate to different levels and cultures; verbally and through written communications
* Experience in managing a geographically-dispersed team across different timezones, cultures, and languages
* Good skills to work in teams delivering a service culture approach
* Experience in managing third-party vendors and holding them accountable
* Be able to work with minimal supervision
* Project management experience
* Basic accounting skills
* Possess extensive knowledge of IT policies, standards, procedures and best practices (e.g ITIL)
Global Network Manager – Dunstable
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.