Head of Systems Delivery
Job Reference: HOSDB/15733GB
Salary: Â£65000 - Â£75000 Per Annum Great Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 10-09-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, England, West Midlands
Head of Systems Delivery required for a household name in Birmingham to join them on an exciting new permanent position
Key areas of responsibility:
* The key purpose of the role is to ensure that systems that underpin the advanced logistics solutions are fit for purpose, value-adding and deployed to agreed time, cost, quality and performance criteria.
* Particular focus will be given to leadership and development in key the following areas:
* Formulation and agreement of the strategic technical, platform and functional roadmap for each product set, often reconciling specific customer demands with strategic product direction
* Understanding and interpreting the key functional needs of customers and operational staff, often in close cooperation with end customer staff at all levels.
* Contributing to the detailed design of individual customer solutions and ensuring their prompt delivery
* As this is a highly seasonal sector enjoying very high operational throughput, particular emphasis is given to ensuring that applications and systems perform to required operational standards during the peak period.
* Evolution of clients integration capability to ensure agile design and delivery of customer integration, such that information exchange with customers is seamless, transparent and cost effective
* Ensuring a test regime and appropriate infrastructure and processes are in place to ensure very high availability of all platforms and solutions.
* Management and control of thee technology budget of c. £5m, ensuring transparency and accountability for all costs, including recoveries from individual customer initiatives.
* Day to day management, development and motivation of a team of 15-25 staff comprised primarily developers and project delivery professional, ensuring that staff are appropriately trained and capable of fulfilling their responsibilities. Management of the technical / development functions and project delivery / integration teams
* Delivery of a programme of strategic change that will continuously improve the products and services provided
The primary technologies and platforms presently in place include IBM iSeries, RPG, C#, SQL, .net.
– Educated to degree standard with several years’ experience in a 3PL or similar environment
– Familiar with contemporary retail fulfilment and e-commerce best practice
– Strong and broad software development background combined with demonstrable experience of leading a software delivery function
– Inherent technical and personal leadership qualities
– Able to establish clarity but willingness to tolerate ambiguity where required
– Technically strong, with excellent all-round technical skills and proficiency
– Probably Midlands based with willingness to travel frequently as the role requires
– Exceptional stakeholder management / client management skills
– Highly familiar with project delivery life cycle and preferably formal Prince2 qualification.
– Strategically driven, but able to adopt pragmatic approach to delivery as and where required
– High intelligence and emotional quotients
– Strong interpersonal skills and good personal awareness
– Likeable, but determined and assertive as required
– Ability to quickly build positive relationships and establish win-win outcomes
– Energetic, driven and resilient
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.