Head of Technology
Job Reference: 15195_1501778215
Salary: £100000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: Asap
Vacancy Posted: 03-08-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: West Malling, Kent
Our client an industry company in their sector are on the lookout for a Head of Technoilogy to work out of their modern offices based in West Malling, Kent
The successful candidate will be responsible for all IT delivery within the business. This involves direct responsibility for all Technology software and for the Technology development teams. It also involves ensuring that the IT infrastructure and any central systems provided by IT also meet the requirements of the business. Technology services is a key selling point of the business their clients them to be able to deliver software solutions very quickly, and to the highest quality and security standards
The role holder must have the ability to direct, lead and develop a team of talented software developers and also to be able to communicate with, understand and win the trust of the business, the executive and key clients. You must also have the flexibility to react to the changing needs and priorities of a very flexible business while working within the overall business and Group IT strategies, ensuring costs are controlled and high service levels maintained. The individual should be able to dive into the detail and be ‘hands on’ when required, but also to be able to stand back and ensure a clear technological direction that is completely aligned with the business needs.
- Excellent man management skills, including the motivation and development of a number of direct reports.
- Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to adapt the approach to tasks and issues to get the best from a wide range of colleagues.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, comfortable with develop and maintain good relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organisation, including the Executive.
- Excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to question requirements, analyse problems, challenge assumptions, and propose practical, innovative and creative solutions, either alone or in consultation with teams and others departments.
Experience and knowledge
- Experience of, and good understanding of, the functions of an insurance (or financial services) company.
- Significant experience of managing IT development teams.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Agile development framework.
- A background in, or strong understanding of, the IT development life cycle.
- Experience of managing large, successful projects.
- Experience of communicating with senior management and the executive, both in person and in writing.
- Experience of developing and monitoring budgets, at department or project level.
You will be joining a market leader in their field, a highly regarded company who have operations spanning across the UK. They are a fantastic company to work for – a stable, established company who have been in business for several decades. My clients offices are easily accessible by car or by public transport and is commutable from Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells, Canterbury, Ashford or Rochester
My client has an excellent pension scheme and a whole host of other benefits not available at your average Financial Services Company – so for more details and to secure an interview please apply today.Our client is looking to progress interviews very quickly for the right candidates so please apply for this role with your latest CV to the link below.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.