HR Data & MI Analyst
Job Reference: HDMIB/15595AH
Salary: Â£300 - Â£350 Per Day
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: 3 to 6 months ++
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 18-07-2018
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
HR Data & MI Analyst required for a leading client in Basingstoke
Purpose of the Job:
To provide a comprehensive MI consultancy service to the business through the extraction, interrogation and presentation of data from multiple HR systems and other data sources.
To deliver consistent and robust management information which underpins key business projects, activities and /or audit requirements often bespoke and complex in nature.
Main Duties (Principal Accountabilities):
* Generates and provides all key HR business information, delivering a quality, robust and flexible MI service to meet a wide variety of customer needs.
* Identifies trends, and/or highlights problem areas with MI/data and where appropriate with supporting business case, introduce changes to departmental systems or make recommendations for improvements to operational procedures. Ensures data integrity and consistency, including any potential data inaccuracies to the appropriate business area.
* Be the custodian for SAP organisational design by charting and auditing all business functional areas. Ensure that the business updates all changes on SAP and keeps all charts updated.
* Acts in a consultancy role to project manage the needs of the business customer, from designing and producing new reports, to analysing and improving existing reports and solutions to internal and external customer’s requirements, understanding how they will impact on the business seeking to add value. Proactively manages their expectations and requirements ensuring that management information and analysis needs are met to agreed timescales and standards of accuracy.
* Designs and delivers new bespoke MI systems/tools and metrics, including new definitions and rules, from analysis through design, development and testing through to implementation that ultimately add value, including processing timeframes and/or reduction in error rates etc.
* Works closely with the Finance Systems team to maintain and develop HR SAP query Manager. Use Solution Manager to raise tickets for technical changes and liaise with both internal and external contacts/consultants to bring problems or faults to resolution in an appropriate and timely manner, escalating issues to the Performance & Reward Manager when required.
* Undertakes all SAP testing from following systems upgrades, new data builds or technical error changes, using HP Quality Centre to create and manage appropriate test scripts.
* Keeps abreast of developments in working practices and relevant technology to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information produced and to provide visionary solutions for the future. Use online forums and relevant literature to strengthen knowledge and skills to optimise MI capability, design and delivery.
* Shares knowledge and experience with other members of the team and function through training and coaching to assist in their technical development.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required:
* Degree level of education or relevant work experience.
* Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and excellent skills in computer coding used in developing new features and programmes with Visual Basic and Excel particularly.
* Relational Database knowledge and business object products and relevant understanding of Data Warehousing techniques.
* Excellent analytical, statistical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent technical/reporting skills in SAP BW and SAP Query Manager/Wage Type Reporter & Visio.
* Ability to use full range of consultancy skills including, scoping, establishing appropriate solutions, delivery and feedback.
* Proactive, results orientated and delivery focused, managing self and others as required in order to meet critical deadlines.
* Substantial HR operational experience and sound business knowledge/awareness.
* Strong organisational skills.
* Self-motivated works well under pressure.
* Must be a good team player.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.