Job Reference: JSRS-INFRANS
Salary: Highly competitive + Bonus + Brilliant Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 02-11-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester, Cheshire, England
Our global, market leading client is urgently looking for an Infrastructure Analyst to join their team based near Chester, on a permanent basis. The Infrastructure Analyst will be the third point of contact, via their internal Helpdesk and business partner manager, for all Infrastructure related support requests and queries.
Infrastructure Analyst – Key Skills:
* MCSA/MCSE preferable but not essential.
* A solid understanding of Microsoft Server technologies – NTFS, AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO.
* An understanding of network concepts (LAN, WAN, TCP/IP).
* Working knowledge of Storage & SAN infrastructures.
* Experience working with hypervisor and virtualisation software.
* An understanding of ITIL processes and change management.
* Customer-focused work ethic.
* Methodical approach to troubleshooting problems.
* Flexible and adaptable approach to working in order to meet the requirements of the business.
* Willingness to learn new technical skills.
Infrastructure Analyst – Responsibilities:
* Execution of more complex hardware and software installations and decommissions within technical specialism.
* Patch management, AV maintenance and security improvements.
* Undertaking departmental and administrative duties.
* Supervision and delegation of backup and other Infrastructure related tasks to helpdesk.
* Maintaining an overall understanding of the business systems and applications.
* Monitoring, support and maintenance of the Datacentre environments.
* Writing and maintaining technical process documentation and procedures.
* Maintaining a detailed log of all support calls reported by users, reviewing the log regularly and updating as appropriate.
* Providing third line technical support, delivering solutions in line with reasonable user expectations.
* Providing a high level of customer service for any support queries.
* Reporting the status and progress of calls back to users on a regular basis.
* Dealing with faults in order of priority in conjunction with and as directed by other members of the IT Team.
* Reporting faults to third party suppliers and support companies where required.
* Taking action on known errors and documented workarounds.
Infrastructure Analyst – Benefits:
* Bonus, discretionary
* Life Assurance x2
* Annual Leave
* Pension Scheme, matched
* Discount vouchers
* World-class training and development
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation