Job Reference: JSRSIOMGB
Salary: Â£27000 - Â£32000 Per Annum Brilliant Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 26-03-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Our global, market leading client who have experienced significant growth in recent times, is looking for a Infrastructure Support Technician to join their team based on the Isle of Man on a permanent basis.
Infrastructure Support – Key Skills:
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience within an IT Service Delivery environment or similar Technical Role.
* Ideally have Skills and Knowledge in the following areas: MS Operating Systems – Server 2008R2 – 2012R2, Windows 7 – 10; Active Directory Management; VMWare vSphere and Horizon; PowerShell Scripting; Active Directory; Group Policy; DNS Management; MS Exchange Deployment / Administration; Printer Hardware and management tools.
* Ability to work both in a team and individually, resolving issues within agreed SLAs or escalating service requests that require senior engineer level support.
* Provide excellent customer service, communicating effectively at all levels of the business, keeping users informed of incident progress and notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
* Diagnostic skills to troubleshoot technical issues.
* Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
* Technical awareness to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
* Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
* Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
* Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment and to mentor/support more junior members of the team.
Infrastructure Support – Responsibilities:
* Handling first and second level support requests, from a user base of over 200 employees in various countries around the world.
* Support of our Virtual Desktop Infrastructure platform, running on VMWare Horizon.
* Monitoring of system alerts and notifications and responding accordingly to ensure the highest level of system uptime.
* Provide user support for Microsoft’s core business applications, including Office, SharePoint and Exchange.
* Working with our team of experienced Senior Engineers to manage over 100 Windows Servers, running on VMware vSphere.
* Active involvement in a large scale project to migrate these servers from the Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012 R2 Operating System.
* Providing 24/7 On Call support for our market leading online systems, on a rota basis, after a period of training.
Infrastructure Support – Benefits:
* Lower tax rates than mainland UK
* Annual Leave
* Pension scheme
* Income protection
* Death in service
* Private Health
* Annual Bonus
* Bonus Holiday
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.