Job Reference: 15955JWP
Salary: Â£30000 - Â£40000 Per Annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 03-12-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Norfolk, Norwich
Our leading client based in the heart of East Anglia are currently looking for an experienced Infrastructure Technician to join their close knit team in their head office in Norwich. The Infrastructure Technician will have excellent communication skills and will bring with them some in depth infrastructure experience, ideally Linux but covering Networks, Telephony, Desktop/Workplace services and Hosting & Storage.
* Tune system performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure.
* Develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
* Design , develop and continually improve infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools.
* Develop and maintain configuration management solutions.
* Provide 2nd/3rd line support for all users as part of the Infrastructure Support Team ensuring that all users are given prompt and helpful advice based on working a rota based shift system.
* Be responsible for the creation, deployment, installations, maintenance, upgrade and timely patching of LAN based servers, to ensure the efficient running of the LAN including the all associated peripheral devices.
* Be responsible for ensuring the efficient and continuous running and backup of ‘point-of-failure’ devices, including critical Network and Standalone PCs and any other critical systems.
* Monitor Network System performance to maximise CPU and disk performance
* 28 days holiday including bank holidays rising with service
* Life Assurance 2x annual salary
* Discount scheme
* Free parking on site
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.