Interim Associate Head of Programs
Job Reference: 15490
Salary: Â£500 - Â£600 Per Day
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: 6 months
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 05-06-2018
Contract Type: Contract
Location: England, Greater London, Uxbridge
Our client is looking for an Interim Head of Programes to start ASAP. You will provide Leadership of the Project and Programme unit
* To devise, establish and continually improve a strong, flexible and effective project and programme delivery capability within Information Services following both industry standard traditional and Agile & Lean approaches to meet the project and programme delivery needs
* Establish and develop a centre of excellence to encourage stakeholders to adopt a common set of industry standard project management practices, standards, principles and processes to reduce duplication, simplify collaboration and raise standards across the institution
* Accountable for: All Project and Programme delivery activities within Information Services; supporting and leading strategic and operational projects; leading, developing and promoting a Project and Programme delivery function that offers value for money; line management of project / programme managers and external partners; Deputise for the Head of Development and Application Services in their absence
* Provide inspiring leadership for the Project and Programme unit to engage and motivate teams
* Proactively looking for innovative ways to build a wider integrated community across Project and Programme management.
* Oversee, manage or directly participate in (as appropriate) delivery of the Information Services Projects and Programmes portfolio to ensure success in terms of time, cost and quality measures.
* Act as an evangelist for Project and Programme management best practice, establishing a centre of excellence for the discipline, reaching out to the wider department, Line management, pastoral care and professional development of direct reports in-line and the wider department with departmental policies and procedures.
* Coach and mentor individuals / large groups across teams/units or organisational boundaries to improve the capability of individuals and the wider team.
* Using own initiative proactivity organise and participate in events and other forums across the and more widely to understand industry trends, promote the unit and the Information Services project portfolio, including taking action or escalating where required in-line with agreed processes & procedures to ensure the successful delivery of the portfolio.
* Assume ownership of the project management lifecycle (including governance, standards, practices and processes), ensuring it seamlessly integrates with other areas of the Department, Directorate and to create a simple, intuitive, transparent and efficient capability that delivers results for all stakeholders.
* Devise, oversee and contribute to the adherence of appropriate and proportionate governance for all Information Services project undertakings relevant to the unit or as directed.
* Ensure senior stakeholders are appropriately briefed on progress and escalations using a range of techniques and approaches tailored to the audience and setting.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.