IS Security Manager
Job Reference: ISSM/51747AH
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£65000 Per Annum Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 13-09-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Greater London, London
IS Security Manager required for a leading charity in Central London
The objective of the IS Security Manager position is to work with colleagues and service providers to ensure the availability of an effective security posture to support IS services across the Society.
The post holder is expected to be highly knowledgeable, commercially astute, and be able to work collaboratively with a wide range of technical and business colleagues, as well as with 3rd party suppliers to deliver business solutions
* To act as the focal point for defining the IS security strategy to provide the necessary protection to prevent unauthorised access to data and systems
* To review new systems and technologies prior to implementation to ensure they meet IS security standards
* To work with other IS architects to optimise the use of technology
* To identify solutions which can enhance the IS security posture
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Working jointly with Business Partners, Service Management, business owners and 3rd parties to make sure IT solutions are architecturally sound and meet security requirements.
2. Use technical knowledge to manage third party IS managed service providers to ensure their security processes and solutions are fit for purpose.
3. To work with IS managed service providers to deal with IS security incidents such as DDOS attacks, reported data breaches and incidents of virus infection.
4. To conduct Penetration testing to verify that new web solutions and IS solutions are not open to external attack.
5. To deliver the IS Security Awareness programme.
6. To work with other technical architects to ensure the IS infrastructure in place represents a resilient service, optimising value.
7. Actively identifies and advocates ‘best practice’ associated with IS security to staff and volunteers.
8. To be involved in setting technical and information security direction and creating, updating and promoting the technical and security architecture.
9. Maintains up to date knowledge of technology trends, information security developments and an overview of the corporate IT landscape.
10. Actively looks for opportunities to deploy new technologies to provide business benefit
11. To keep abreast of emerging security threats and to assess potential impact on existing and proposed IS solutions and technologies
12. Acts as an internal technology and security consultant, providing advice, guidance and thought leadership to business partners and other colleagues.
13. Provides a knowledgeable point of contact for suppliers and represents the Society in external IT forum
* Experienced in working in an IT security role, with a good knowledge of market leading products and industry recognised security processes
* Extensive experience in a technical environment, including significant and demonstrable success in a security management role, as well as a technical lead / architect role.
* Ideally to have experience of a hybrid cloud environment involving the use of MS cloud service integrated with on premise technologies.
* Systems integration skills.
* Understanding of ITIL framework and formal project management methodologies.
* Breadth of knowledge across corporate IT landscape.
* Sound understanding of solutions deployment and operation as well as functionality.
* Ability to analyse goals and constraints and evaluate effectiveness of modifications and improvements.
* Competent in security, performance tuning, capacity planning, resilience and availability across heterogeneous architectures.
* Experience of working with external IT suppliers.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.