IS Security Manager
Job Reference: ISSML/30110CF
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£65000 Per Annum Great Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 30-01-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Greater London, London
IS Security Manager required for a huge non-profit organisation in London
We are looking for an IS Security Manager, reporting to the Chief Information Officer, to enhance the security and technical skills within the IS team. The successful candidate will work with IS colleagues and external vendors to design and plan changes to the technical architecture and applications in use, and to ensure that appropriate solutions are in place to protect data and systems from unauthorised access. There will be a need to take responsibility for conducting security assessments of proposed solutions as we further enhance and modernise our applications portfolio, and supporting infrastructure. Any exposure delivering secure solutions in support of Microsoft cloud services or mobile technologies would be of particular interest
We are looking for someone who is organised, a good communicator, commercially astute and has the tenacity to deliver, often to challenging timeframes. In the role you will be a key member of the IS management team and will have a pivotal role in shaping the future of direction of IS service delivery across the Society.
* To act as the focal point for defining the IS security strategy to provide the necessary protection to prevent unauthorised access to data and systems
* To review new systems and technologies prior to implementation to ensure they meet IS security standards
* To work with other IS architects to optimise the use of technology
* To identify solutions which can enhance the IS security posture
* Experienced in working in an IT security role, with a good knowledge of market leading products and industry recognised security processes
* Extensive experience in a technical environment, including significant and demonstrable success in a security management role, as well as a technical lead / architect role.
* Ideally to have experience of a hybrid cloud environment involving the use of MS cloud service integrated with on premise technologies.
* Systems integration skills.
* Understanding of ITIL framework and formal project management methodologies.
* Breadth of knowledge across corporate IT landscape.
* Sound understanding of solutions deployment and operation as well as functionality.
* Ability to analyse goals and constraints and evaluate effectiveness of modifications and improvements.
* Competent in security, performance tuning, capacity planning, resilience and availability across heterogeneous architectures.
* Experience of working with external IT suppliers.
Benefits include – 29 days holiday increasing with loyalty, healthcare, pension contrubtuion etc.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation