iSeries Operations Team Lead
Job Reference: TDOPSTSMID
Salary: Â£40000 - Â£45000 Per Annum Excellent Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 10-07-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Birmingham, England, West Midlands
iSeries Operations Team Lead – AS400
We are currently working in close partnership with one of most prestigious Financial Services clients who are based in Birmingham. The role itself is for an experienced iSeries Operations Team Lead who will be reporting into the Operations manager. The role is to lead a team of currently 3 System Operators and be a point of escalation for end users, a focal point for project activity and the effective owner of the tools, hardware and software used to deliver the services within the team.
Purpose of the role
You will be responsible to resolve and manage all key service issues and to take a proactive role in service improvement and project work. They will own the issue and workloads for the team and be responsible for people management with the role being a mixture of technical and people/team management.
* Manage the mid-range environments (commonly known as AS/400s) to agreed availability and performance targets
* Actively drive security improvements
* Disaster Recovery
* Proactively drive activities to reduce service risk, increase resilience or improve performance working to reduce long term issues with problem management.
* Support projects as required
* Support remediation of faults and security vulnerabilities as required, including working with third parties if necessary
* Drive resolution of incidents and problems, especially those with a security implication, and take proactive action to avoid occurrence or repeats
* Ensure auditable adherence to DPA, ISO27001 and other applicable legislation and standards
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.