IT Change Manager
Job Reference: ISCM
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£80000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 09-05-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
IT Change Manager required for a leading client in Basingstoke
The IT Change Manager is responsible for ensuring the effective and risk-mitigated implementation of IT Change activities across IT. They will work across IT Ops and the IT Delivery functions acting as the primary point of contact for all change related activity and keeping the business aware of IT change performance. As IT Operations work within a partner model, the Change Manager will be pivotal in ensuring the partner delivers an effective change capability by understanding and adopting the Change process.
The IT Change Manager will chair the IT CAB, and will have governance authority for all IT Change activities
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* The Change Manager will be responsible for building relationships with the business & It functions enabling effective Change activity, ensuring consistent and appropriate communication for changes-related issues
* Responsible for identifying opportunities for service/change improvement, agreeing these with the business and where necessary driving change(s) to implement improvements
* In partnership with the business ensure IT changes are categorised correctly in accordance with the change categorisation model
* Own the Change Management process and provide templates and guidance for the authorisation of Changes, and to supply the other IT Service Management processes with information on planned and ongoing Changes.
* Asses Change Proposals to identify possible issues prior to the start of design activities, and to filter out RFCs which do not contain all information required for assessment or which are deemed impractical. Determine level of authority required
* Chair Emergency CABs to assess, authorise and implement an Emergency Change as quickly as possible.
* Chair the CAB and manage the stakeholder input / views through to conclusion, taking the final decision on any change approval
* Assess a proposed Change and authorise the Change planning phase.
* Ensuring change is controlled across all environments and across a multi supplier ecosystem
* Reviewing the risk & impact analysis to maximise performance.
* Ensuring that appropriate actions have been planned to minimize both the risk of failure and the impact on customers during change implementation
* Ensuring that the timing of implementations does not conflict with other planned changes or event
* Enforcing change freeze and maintenance windows in line with the demands of the business
* Producing management information and communicating the benefits of change management
* Authorise detailed Change and Release planning, and to assess the resulting Project Plan prior to authorizing the Change Build phase.
* Assess if all required Change components have been built and properly tested, and to authorise the Change Deployment phase.
* Assess the course of the Change implementation and the achieved results, make sure that any mistakes are analysed, and lessons learned in the form of a formal PIR.
* To work in collaboration with the Service Introduction, Release, Configuration and Deployment Managers
* Act as out of hours IT escalation manager on a rota basis to support stakeholder management.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Proven experience working within 24/7 IT operational environment
* Proven experience delivering continuous service improvements for the business
* Experience working with suppliers delivering IT change & governance
* 5+ years proven experience of IT Service Management and IT Change Management; understanding of infrastructure components at high level (i.e. network, servers, database, storage, data, security)
* Knowledge of systems development life cycles, business environment, infrastructure and high availability systems
* Knowledge of industry standard methodologies (e.g. ITIL, PRINCE2)
* Understanding of how to leverage outsourced suppliers and internal competency centres to deliver services
* Experience with transformation and transition projects in an outsourcing context
* Experience delivering projects within an ITIL (or similar) framework
* Proven ability to manage risks, issues, problems and changes
* Ideally to have experience of working in a DevOps environment
* Experience of working in a mature Change managing environment
* Excellent succinct but detailed communication skills, written and verbal
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential.
* ITIL version 3 Foundation (minimum). Preferable ITIL v3 IT Operations
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.