IT Continuous Improvement & Tooling Manager
Job Reference: CITM/15350HB
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£70000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 22-05-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
IT Continuous Improvement & Tooling Manager required for a leading British client in Basingstoke
The Continuous Improvement & Tooling Manager is a dual role accountable for leading the Service Process & Tooling function whilst also personally delivering Continual Service & Process improvement to IT Services and being responsible for the IT Tooling strategy across IT. The Service Process & Tooling function also includes Configuration & Asset Management along with Capacity & Performance Management.
The CSI & Tooling Manager will use methods from quality management to learn from past successes and failures with the aim of to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of IT processes, tools and services. They will be expected to define opportunities and evaluate and create business cases for continuous service improvement across services, processes, technology, functions, organisational capability and maturity across the service delivery organisation
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Accountable for the ITSM "factory" for tooling, process, engagement and engagement, using global standards to support all ITSM Factory activities and opportunities and support
* Accountable for the IT Tooling strategy, covering Service Management Tools and Monitoring/Event management
* Facilitate and provide expertise to the design and iterative improvement of all ITSM processes within IT
* Facilitate the building of process capability within ServiceNow with SACM at the heart of the offering
* Facilitate the rollout of processes to clients IT and suppliers
* Evaluate IT tool integration, Event Monitoring and other ITSM critical toolsets.
* Progress the development of appropriate automation and tools to improve all service delivery. e.g. Event Management alerting, Request Models, eBonding with vendor ITSM toolsets etc.
* Own improvement initiatives methodology which includes identifying areas where the targeted process metrics are not reached, and holding regular benchmarking, audits, maturity assessments and reviews.
* Manage the ITSM Factory RoadMap which aims at improving services, processes and tooling, based on the results of reviews and evaluations. The resulting initiatives are either internal initiatives pursued organisation or with the assistance of 3 rd parties and/or the business
* Work with the project pipeline and programme office providing business cases to support progression of
* To work in collaboration with all process owners and vendors
* Act as out of hours IT escalation manager on a rota basis to support stakeholder management.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Proven experience working within 24/7 IT operational environment
* Proven experience delivering continuous service improvements for the business
* Proven experience coordinating taking a lead role with at least 1 report
* Expert in leading workshops to drive out requirements
* Expert in documentation of process and procedures
* Deep understanding of sprint methodologies
* Deep understanding of ServiceNow current and future capabilities, and ideally an understanding of Dynatrace
* Keen intertest in ITSM related tooling
* Take initiative to keep own skills up to date and maintain awareness of developments in the IT industry.
* Extensive knowledge of analytic techniques and methods.
* Experience managing internal teams and suppliers to deliver CSI initiatives against requirements and timelines/costs
* Extensive experience working in an IT operational environment with a good understanding translating process design into pragmatic operational processes
* Experience of the regulatory and audit requirements within an operational environment
* Broad knowledge of service management and continuous service improvement technologies
* Demonstrate effective communication skills, both orally and in writing, with subordinates, colleagues, clients and customers at all levels, both formally and informally – a strong communicator who develops relationships for mutual gain.
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.