IT Delivery Manager
Job Reference: IDL/15374AD
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£70000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 02-05-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
IT Delivery Lead required for a leading British client in Basingstoke
The IT Delivery Manager is accountable for IT delivery from review & acceptance of requirements through to handover of solutions to live. They will build and maintain the capabilities required to meet the current and future needs of the organisation, at an effective price-point. As we move to a partner model within Applications Development, the role will be pivotal in managing the delivery performance and quality of our selected partners. There will be multiple IT Delivery Manager roles, focussed on specific technology verticals, but core responsibilities remain unchanged.
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* The design and delivery of IT work packages, taking ownership for the full development lifecycle.
* The timeline of those work packages, creating & maintaining detailed delivery plans, aligned to project deliveries.
* Delivery to the base-lined costs. This includes an effective Estimate Challenge process (both internal and supplier).
* Manages resource scheduling and conflicts, escalating to the Head of Development & Testing where applicable.
* People management responsibility for multiple direct reports.
* Defining/Refining the development approach for their team and ensuring adherence to the defined SDLC ( Agile/Scrum and Waterfall ) and supporting toolset across all deliveries.
* Manages the day-to-day supplier relationship(s) with our development partner(s), both onshore and offshore, ensuring the quality of delivery from each. This includes monitoring performance against agreed KPIs and driving continuous improvement.
* Work package progress reporting.
* Creating a collaborative working environment that leads to the adoption and enhancement of Agile practices, where appropriate.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Hands-on experience of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle (ideally in both waterfall and agile models).
* Experience of managing IT deliveries in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi-system) environments.
* Prior management, supervisory and/or team leadership experience.
* Experience of managing vendor relationships would be beneficial, ideally with an offshore component.
* In depth knowledge of the technologies to be supported (this will vary across the Delivery Manager roles)., e.g. . NET / SAP / Java & JS / Oracle / Tibco / etc.
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.