Job Reference: IDB/15393NS
Salary: Â£40000 - Â£50000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 26-07-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
IT Developer required for a leading client in Basingstoke
The IT Developer role is responsible for the development (incl. low-level solution design) and maintenance (Level 3) of IT solutions in their given area. The individual will specialise in one or more technology area (e.g. .N ET / Java / JS / etc.), adopting the client’s chosen delivery methodology to drive the delivery of high-quality solutions in a cost effective manner.
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Works closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand the business requirements and to drive the design and build of high-quality technical solutions.
* Deliver functionality (as part of both small/BAU changes and large projects) that fully meets the defined functional and non-functional requirements (evidenced by execution of agreed test cases) within committed timescales and budget.
* Define, maintain and execute unit test cases.
* Provide Level 3 Application Support, exercising troubleshooting and methodical diagnostic skills to resolve issues. In some cases, you may be expected to provide call out for 2nd and 3rd line support ‘out of hours’.
* Ensure delivered code is developed in line with agreed coding standards, such that we deliver maintainable & performant code.
* Meeting the defined development KPIs in your deliveries.
* Creation of technical documentation, in line with agreed SDLC and documentation standards.
* Lead the trial and rollout of new software delivery processes and techniques.
* Where appropriate, you should be able to lead delivery of Continuous Integration (CI) in an Agile environment.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* An in depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle (ideally in both waterfall and agile models).
* Experience of developing and deploying IT solutions in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi-system) environments and aligned to multiple delivery methodologies (e.g. Waterfall and Agile ).
* Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of small-medium scale development programmes/projects.
* Experience of delivering with vendor teams would be beneficial, ideally with an offshore component.
* In depth technical knowledge of the technologies to be supported (this will vary across the Snr IT Developer roles)., e.g. . NET / SAP / Java & JS / Oracle / Tibco / etc.
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level.
* Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.