Job Reference: JSRSITMGRPRESTON
Salary: £40k - 50k per year + excellent benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 25-09-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Preston, Lancashire, England
IT Manager – Preston
Based in the Preston area, our client who are a succesful player in the distribution industry are looking for an experienced IT Manager to join the team and help pull them through a number of key projects in the foreseeable future. Working along side a medium sized team across a couple of different locations, you will utilise your excellent team management skills along with strong communication skills to organise the teams effectively in all locations allowing the department to deliver high level IT strategy.
Along with Team Management skills, you will be tasked with budget and resource management and have prior success implementing IT strategy. Travel to other sites across the UK will be required, however this is likely to be only for a few days per month.
IT Management responsibilities:
* Be responsible for all aspects of the company IT estate : hardware, software, user devices and associated IT policies etc.
* Implement and maintain high availability, disaster recovery and backup procedures
* Help deliver unified systems across all parts of the business
* Ensure projects are completed by coordinating resources and timetables
* Manage 3rd party suppliers and outsourced solutions when necessary
* Manage the in-house development function
Technical skills/experience required include:
* Technical Team management experience
* Windows Server 2008-2012
* Active Directory and GPO
* Virtualisation (Hyper-V & VMWare)
* General networking (TCP/IP, Firewalls, routers, switches etc)
Technical skills/experience desirable include:
* A good understanding of EU GDPR
* IT Security Management
* Hosted Telephony
* Exchange Office365
IT Manager – Preston
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation