IT Manager – SAP
Job Reference: JSRS15607AD1
Salary: Â£35000 - Â£40000 Per Month excellent benefits
Salary per: Month
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 31-07-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: England, Greater Manchester, Manchester
IT Manager – SAP
A leading supplier to the food and drinks industry are currently looking for an experienced IT manager who has a background with SAP Infrastructure including SAP ECC and S4 HANA environments. You will be required to manage the SAP infrastructure and necessary applications to ensure systems remain highly available and operate at optimal performance.
* Manage SAP infrastructure and necessary applications to ensure systems remain highly available and operate at optimal performance.
* Manage and administrate current and future platforms working with third-party support vendors.
* Provide knowledge transfer and help build knowledge within the team and improve the team skill levels. Provided administration of SAP environment.
* Execute daily administration duties such as but not limited to user admin, client admin, backup and restore, system and database tuning.
* Prepare and complete daily system monitoring tasks. Provide expertise on specific technologies and procedures, review system performance, report utilization and performance statistics.
* Identify and provide strategic input to the future state of the SAP platforms and infrastructure.
* Participate in SAP component upgrades and migration efforts.
* Manage service impacting incidents, remediate issues, identify preventive measures to improve processes, tools and overall performance of systems.
* Supervise the duties and mentor the work of subordinates within the team.
* Experience supporting the technical infrastructure behind SAP ECC6 and S4 HANA environments (significant Basis administration experience would be an advantage)
* An understanding of core internet technologies , including DHCP, DNS, mail transport, TCP/IP and network file systems,
* CISCO network experience ( certifications would be an advantage)
* Nimble storage management experience (certifications would be an advantage)
* VMWARE, VEEAM and Microsoft Windows server system support experience
* Telecom knowledge, including VOIP / SIP as well as mobile technologies,
* Previous help desk / technical support experience,
* Previous Service Delivery and Service Level Management experience,
* ITIL and Prince2 certifications would be advantageous,
* You’re able to develop clear and concise documentation,
* Experience in procurement, inventory and asset management of IT equipment, as well as the overall IT lifecycle,
* You would be confident liaising with senior managers/directors and vendors to select, plan and implement IT infrastructure changes,
IT Manager – SAP
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.