IT Network Technical Design Lead
Job Reference: ITNTDL/15509
Salary: Â£45000 - Â£60000 Per Annum Bonus + Car + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 12-06-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
IT Network Technical Design Lead required for a leading client in Basingstoke
The Network Technical Design Lead will ensure that all designs for all types of Data & Voice Networks are completed to an industry best standard and those set out by Enterprise Architecture (EA). They will be responsible for taking Solutions Architecture outputs and defining (& costing) the Data & Voice Networks required to support the required solution, utilising existing capacity or designing new capacity as required.
There is expected to be a significant investment in CallCenter voice technology over the next 1-2 years, and this role will be critical in developing the strategy and design for this implementation
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Translate an existing high-level design (HLD) or other provided documentation from Solution Architecture, to produce a corresponding Data & Voice Networks design (which may be a physical implementation or new circuits from the 3 rd party provider), while advising on implementation and operational implications.
* Produce infrastructure designs that align to EA standards, and meet agreed quality review standards, ensuring that all designs take account of currently available / reusable capacity as well as specifying new infrastructure or network services
* Understanding of the security challenges associated with solutions exploiting variable bandwidth, discontinuous and disrupted mobile networks
* Collaborative engagement with Solution Architects & PM’s to identify the right infrastructure & services at the right cost / ROI for the project being designed
* Review and feedback on architectural objectives for solutions proposed
* Review new technologies and how these would interact with existing support processes and infrastructure
* Ensure presented documentation conforms to operations minimal requirements for successful implementation and support including resilience, latency, supportability & scalability
* Liaise with approved suppliers to provide resourcing and infrastructure costs
* Keep up to date with current technologies and solutions within the IT market place
* Work with the Networks project delivery manager to advise on the potential resource (internal or 3 rd party) that may be required to implement the right solution
* Act as an escalation point for the outsourced L2-4 data & voice network providers
* Design and develop a constant technology design roadmap for data & voice networks
* Support the development of the network & voice monitoring strategy & tools
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* A minimum of 7 years experiencing working as a senior technical expert in the following fields:
* MPLS & Ethernet WAN technologies (Cisco)
* Voice (legacy & IP-based) technologies (Avaya)
* Ideally Genesys & Verint call-recording technology
* Other areas beneficial areas of experience include:
* Good understanding of End User Voice technologies (eg Skype)
* Good understanding of CTI
* The following skills being highly desirable:
* Checkpoint, McAfee, Riverbed
* Security technologies
* Depth of experience in configuring secure network technology – routers, firewalls, etc.
* Experience in the design of LANs, WANs, VPNs, virtual networks, and hybrid clouds.
* Proven delivery of solutions to enable access to mobile / remote / local networks and apps.
* Working knowledge of virtualisation technology and container-based deployment.
* Proven experience in working with 3rd party WAN & Voice providers
* Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with subordinates, colleagues, clients and customers at all levels, both formally and informally – a strong communicator who develops relationships for mutual gain.
* Understanding of information security constraints and best practice.
* Able to lead architecture sessions on network design in complex environments.
* Proven experience working within 24/7 IT operational environment
* Proven experience delivering continuous service improvements for the business
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to HNC level in IT communications or a related technical subject, or equivalent professional accreditation
* Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential.
* ITIL version 3 Foundation (minimum). Preferable ITIL v3 Service Lifecycle Certification Service Design
Benefits include – Annual Bonus + Car Allowance, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.