IT Platform Delivery Implementation Manager
Job Reference: PDIM/15342SR
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£70000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 26-04-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
Platform Delivery Implementation Manager required for a leading British client in Basingstoke
To project manage the implementation of strategic and tactical clients IT Infrastructure projects within the Platforms area of IT Operations, which includes servers, storage and Iaas/Cloud technologies. The role needs to ensure that platform infrastructure is implemented to time and cost, while ensuring adherence to the agreed clients Project Governance Framework.
This position sits within the IT Operations function in Basingstoke. The purpose of this position is to provide project management expertise and operational implementation SME expertise to support both legacy replacement projects and new Platform infrastructure implementations to support business projects. This will take the form of facilitating and managing strategic and tactical change implementation, ensuring appropriate client processes are followed (eg Change, Service Introduction) or co-coordinating / project managing the implementation of new / infrastructure across the organisation. The job holder should be able to provide project management support and direction for IT and will typically have simultaneous responsibility for a number of Projects. Projects will vary in size and scope, and will utilise a variety of personnel and resources in different teams within clients IT, plus managing resources from multiple third parties.
* To manage the progress of projects in a timely and effective manner ensuring delivery to the required standard
* To work with the Delivery Tower and IT Ops Design resources that have specified the infrastructure in order to make recommendations regarding project delivery and implementation approaches which minimise risk while meeting project timeline and cost objectives
* To communicate the progress and status of projects to the project sponsor and other members of the project team and act as part of steering groups as and when appropriate / required
* To manage all levels of personnel both internal and external in order to complete tasks
* To identify and make recommendations on resources required to ensure that optimises implementation, including writing the definition of scope of third party contracts
* To prepare detailed and comprehensive project documentation where appropriate
* To seek opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Infrastructure Implementation within IT Operations, and the associated service management processes
* To support the Head of IT Operations and IT Platform Infrastructure Delivery Manager as required
* Control the development and influence deployment of consistent processes (incl. governance) and preferred approach & methods assigned projects. .
* Influence change management to ensure best practice is followed and knowledge centre is managed to good effect for re-use and reference.
* Lead a project team to report & analyse change across Platform Infrastructure, ensuring that dependencies are assessed and the company makes optimal use of change delivery resources.
* Analyse progress within a cross-AA change programme plan & assist to optimise delivery.
* Ensure the required level of support is in place following project handover, and all support documentation is complete before projects are closed out.
* To create and maintain a good working relationship with programme managers, project sponsors and other managers and assist with the initiation and facilitation of solutions based on business need.
* Identify, assess and monitor risks, issues, dependencies and change requests to ensure projects are delivered to time, cost and quality criteria and solutions are cost effective, supportable – including appropriate operational documentation
Ensure Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is embedded in the culture of the orgnisation to deliver the six customer outcomes of right culture, right information, right delivery, right targeting, right advice, and right post sales treatment.
Provide leadership within a framework of prudent and effective controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed to fit within the Board’s agreed risk appetite.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* A minimum of 5 years experiencing working as a project manager delivering infrastructure implementations in the following fields:
* Windows Server, ESX Virtualisation & Unix (Solaris, RHEL) Server
* Cloud / IaaS technologies (minimum Azure & AWS)
* Other areas beneficial areas of experience include:
* Database (Oracle, SQL)
* Middleware (JBoSS, Weblogic)
* Backup & recovery
* Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening, across all business levels
* Excellent time management and project management skills to enable successful delivery within preset deadlines and to the required standard
* Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
* Able to lead multi-functional teams to successfully complete assignments
* An excellent negotiator, influencer and networker
* Able to make decisions where appropriate
* Able to use Microsoft office applications including Microsoft Project
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative with an aptitude and ability to lead a team
* Quick and flexible learner with an aptitude for new processes, technologies and procedures
* Expert problem solver
* Analytical approach to tasks, research and projects
* Creative thinker
* Enthusiastic about change but sensitive to the affect of change on people and businesses
* Has stamina required to complete drawn-out tasks
* In depth and varied business experience required
* Proven ability to work with technical experts and third parties in order to build costed technical roadmaps across IT infrastructure, that set out how the delivery phases will be accomplished and benefits realised
* Competent in the role of task leader/coach with proven skills in team building
* Commercially astute. Understands allocated business areas and identifies opportunities.
* Record of delivering IT development projects to budget and timescale,
* Deep understanding in all stages of the system lifecycle and proficient in a number of Project Management methods and disciplines,
* Self-starter with a drive to succeed focusing on delivering business benefit
* Experience of working with different project delivery methodologies e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Planned Iterative etc.
* Good understanding of Project & Change Management best practices as well as in depth understanding and experience of different project delivery methodologies e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Planned Iterative etc.
* Excellent understanding of change control, configuration processes, as well as risk management techniques
* Experience of delivery of large-scale programmes and projects.
* Demonstrated ability to maximise the identified project/programme benefits in large multi-faceted corporate environments.
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.