IT Problem Manager
Job Reference: IPMU/30108_1504112149
Salary: £52000 - £64000 per annum + 15% Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: Will Wait Notice
Vacancy Posted: 30-08-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Uxbridge, Middlesex
IT Problem Manager required for a leading client in Uxbridge. You will be working as part of an established team in our clients UK Head Quarters.
The IT Problem Manager will be responsible for managing the end to end Problem Management life-cycle globally, ensuring problems are investigated and resolved in accordance to procedure. The role will be accountable for the continuous improvement activities within the ITSM team and working with the wider IT team to implement service improvements.
The role will be accountable for maintaining the IT technology 5yr road map and patching strategy. The position will oversee projects relating to the enhancement and/or upgrade of core IT services, technology and procedures used by IT Service Operations team. Work with the IT Engagement teams to ensure projects are aligned with the overall IT technology strategy, as well as ensuring the smooth transition of support to the Global Infrastructure and IT Service Operations team prior to go-live.
The job holder will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Take ownership and coordination of actions relating to Problem management.
- Proactive/Reactive trend analysis to identify and reduce problem occurrences.
- Excellent working knowledge of service management processes
- Manage the technology team, ensuring projects are agreed and delivered on time, within cost & quality requirements, using best practice.
- To proactively support, develop and strategically manage the business critical applications with the IT Operations team
- Work closely with the IT Engagement Teams to support the design, build, testing and delivery of technical solution to support new projects
- Work with the Infrastructure Service Manager to ensure the transition of projects are effectively managed and documented.
- Work with IT Engagement and IT Service Managers to ensure a smooth and seamless hand over of new services into the Service Operation Teams.
- Collate, prioritise and successfully deliver a programme of projects, ensuring the standards of documentation, quality and security are met.
- To continually improve the way the team delivers project through teamwork, effective resourcing and regular reviews.
- Maintenance and publishing of Service Transition metrics
- Manage IT suppliers and contractual matters regarding IT requirements including negotiation of contracts and monitoring of supplier’s performance
- Provide mentoring and leadership to the technology team.
- To advise and inform the IT Delivery Manager as part of the decision making process for technical direction and procurement of new applications and hardware.
Skills and Experience needed;
- Demonstrable working experience within the Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industry
- Qualified to degree level
- Kepner-Tregoe experience highly desirable
- ITIL Foundation qualified
- Good customer service skills and able to proactively manage customer expectations.
- Organised, tenacious and analytical
- Exceptional communicator, a sound influencer with the ability to communicate at all organisational levels and quickly build relationships
- An inquisitive personality and a real problem solver who relishes a challenge.
- Proven experience of IT Problem Management within a complex IT operations environment
- Ability to drive remedial action and service improvement across all levels of the IT Service Management team
- Experience working in a large corporate environment
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Understanding of VMWare Virtualisation and cloud technologies
- Identifying, negotiating and managing vendors and suppliers
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing dependencies and risk
- Ability to work with senior management (confidence, credibility, strong communications, negotiating and influencing skills, etc.);
- Budgetary management.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Comfortable taking ownership for own work, identifying the need for action (using initiative) whilst working effectively within a team
Benefits include – Life Assurance, 8% Pension contribution, Private Healthcare, 15% bonus, 25 days holiday and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.