IT Release Manager
Job Reference: IRM/15379
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£75000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 02-05-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
IT Release Manager required for a leading British client in Basingstoke
The IT Release Manager is responsible for managing and executing a coordinated release & deployment plan for all delivered software into all environments, consolidating this into a view of business capability drops. The role will also ensure that appropriate consideration has been given to environmental requirements and that these requirements are met in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Manage the deployment of packaged code releases into the appropriate environments (i.e. non-Dev). In this capacity, the role will work closely with the IT Delivery Leads.
* Establish and Maintain a coordinated release schedule for software delivery into all environments, identifying potential schedule conflicts between dependant systems.
* Ensure the Release Schedule aligns to the Environment Booking expectations, working to minimise conflicts.
* Establish and govern the Release Policy for all Delivery streams within the IT Development & Testing organisation. This should include documented environment management standards.
* Act as a conduit between the Development & Testing teams and IT Operations, facilitating release meetings between relevant stakeholders (i.e. Dev, Service Delivery, Test and Business) as required.
* Coordinate the allocation of environments, with responsibility for releasing environment resources when environments are no longer needed/utilise, minimising unnecessary infrastructure spend.
* Co-ordinate investigation and resolution of issues between development, test, the environment support team and 3rd party suppliers (as required).
* Provide clear reporting on release schedules (this should include a view of business capability delivered in each planned release) and key service metrics relating to usage/utilisation, deployment and availability.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Hands-on experience of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle (ideally in both waterfall and agile models).
* Experience of managing deployments in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi-system) environments.
* Experience of automated deployment tools is an advantage.
* Prior management, supervisory and/or team leadership experience.
* Experience of managing vendor relationships would be beneficial, ideally with an offshore component.
* An understanding of the technologies to be supported and an appreciation for infrastructure demand planning.
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level.
* Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.