IT Service Delivery Manager
Job Reference: ISDM/15373CB
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£70000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 02-05-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
The IT Service Delivery Manager required for a leading British client in Basingstoke
The IT Service Delivery Manager (ITDSM) is a dual role accountable delivering service management activities into the business while at the same time overseeing the delivery of operational run and delivery activities by suppliers and partners
The ITSDM will be aligned to a specific business area and will work with the business focusing on continuous service improvement, acting as the primary point of contact for service escalations and keeping the business aware of IT service performance. As IT Operations move to a partner model the ITSDM will be pivotal in ensuring the partner delivers an effective service by building technical relationships with the partner service delivery interface with possible alignment to specific technical verticals.
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* The ITSDM will be responsible for building relationships with the business enabling effective service management ensuring consistent and appropriate communication for service-related issues and issues
* Ensuring regular service reviews take place with the ITSDM’s aligned business area reporting on the performance and availability of the business areas aligned IT services
* Responsible for identifying opportunities for service improvement, agreeing these with the business and where necessary driving change(s) to implement improvements
* In partnership with the business ensure IT services are categorised correctly in accordance with the service categorisation model and regularly review the service level requirements to ensure they continue to meet the business requirement
* Ownership of service improvement plans to address recurring failures against the service levels agreed with business
* Accountable for the incident and problem management processes and their effective use by the business and IT operations partner(s).
* Responsible for the continuous improvement of the incident and problem management processes ensuring they are fit-for-purpose
* A primary lead and business interface for major incidents:
* The conduit between the business and the IT Operations partner representing IT during the major incident. The single point of contact between the lead supplier and the business.
* Accountable for all major incident communications into the business ensuring reports are communicated in a language the business understands
* The primary interface with the lead supplier major incident manager (MIM) process to keep the lead supplier updated on the business impact and to ensure the lead supplier MIM is coordinated in its focus on restoring service as quickly as possible
* Ensuring the lead supplier MIM produces accurate post-incident reporting
Partner service delivery management
* Manage all escalations from their aligned business areas with the IT Operations partner where incidents and problems are likely to fail (or have failed SLA) and to report back to the business with updates
* Soliciting required data, statistics and reports from the lead suppliers and translating the information into meaningful consolidated service reporting for the business
* Build strong relationships with the IT Operations partner’s service delivery interface. This will involve working closely with the partner’s service management lead(s) and, depending on the partner’s service delivery model, alignment with the partner’s technology towers, e.g. voice & data, infrastructure, application support and service desk. The primary objectives for this alignment will be:
* To track tower performance and where a tower is underperforming agree service improvement plans with the service delivery lead
* To provide the partner technology tower with a single point of contact allowing for continuity and consistency and be a conduit between the business (including other areas of IT) and the technology towers allowing the partner to present new ideas and opportunities
* To keep the technology towers honest and to challenge technology decisions made by the partner
* To play an active part in partner service reviews and will be expected to challenge partners where reported service levels do not represent customer experience.
* Work with IT partners identifying areas of service improvement, agreeing activities the partner needs to take to address any service shortfalls and to track progress against those activities
* The ITSDM will have a strong understanding of the infrastructure landscape and will work with partner(s) to define and cost the IT project roadmap agreeing work that is needed to address EOL, capacity and availability requirements ensuring all platforms are fit-for-purpose.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Proven experience working within 24/7 IT operational environment
* Proven experience delivering continuous service improvements for the business
* Proven experience coordinating major incidents
* Experience managing suppliers delivering operational run services into an IT operations function.
* Experience working with suppliers delivering IT projects
* Experience leading technical teams in any of the following areas; service desk, data networks, voice, server, database, storage or application support.
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential.
* ITIL version 3 Foundation (minimum). Preferable ITIL v3 IT Operations
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.