IT Service Transition Team Manager
Job Reference: STTM/15341CR
Salary: Â£60000 - Â£70000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 26-04-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
Service Transition Team Manager required for a leading British client in Basingstoke
The IT Service Transition Team Manager is a dual role accountable for leading the Service Transition function (small team of three resources) whilst also personally delivering Service Introduction for new and existing applications / systems within the organisation. The Service Transition function also includes Release Management and Change Management.
The IT Service Introduction Manager will ensure the smooth and timely delivery of IT Services within the organisation. Service Introduction is a critical capability that ensures that IT Services are evaluated and tracked throughout their development lifecycle so that they can be formally accepted into production with all the relevant support in place to run the service.
Role Specific Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Team Leader Role
* Provide leadership for the Service Transition function, including accountability for Change, Release and Service Introduction
* Ensure that the proper processes and policies for Change and Release are being used, to ensure minimum operational impact of changes and releases
* Working with others in the IT Operations team, proactively improve the policies and processes for Service Introduction, Change and Release
* Provide cover for the Change and Release resources when required, including leading CAB
* Measure and report on the KPI’s for the function, including the services provided by the third parties that contribute to these functions
Service Introduction Role
* Responsible for the management of the transition and Service Introduction of all projects into live service
* Managing the specified acceptance criteria for service acceptance, operational, release and service readiness review throughout the project life cycle
* Identifying and managing all service related risks, impact and issues to new and existing services throughout the life cycle of the project
* Ensure all documentation, processes & tools required for effective operational management of any new system or infrastructure is in place before go-live, or where incomplete the operational risk is understood and clearly articulated.
* Provide a process that is aligned into the clients Delivery Framework that can flex to meet the stated requirements of projects irrespective of development methodology, risk or complexity, managed through continual service improvement
* Provide a process that is sufficiently flexible to enable delivery of all projects and programmes including Legacy, Digital, B2B partners etc.
* Ensuring a consistent and seamless approach to service transition covering policy, process and procedures
* Ensuring that IT Delivery towers have the capability and are prepared to transition to the live environment with minimal risk.
* Ensuring all service management requirements are understood by project teams and the project is delivered to the agreed specification at each quality gateway
* Responsibility for Service Acceptance Board
* Produce agreed support models, early life support and warranty processes ensuring they are resourced correctly and managed through the project
* Compile and analyse monthly management reports to show the movements, trends and risks across projects
* Establish, record and monitor IT transition KPI’s and report the impact of projects, products, software and services
* To work in collaboration with the operational Delivery Managers, Build, Test & Deployment Teams as well as the Change and Release Managers.
* Act as out of hours IT escalation manager on a rota basis to support stakeholder management.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Proven experience working within 24/7 IT operational environment
* Proven experience delivering continuous service improvements for the business
* Proven experience coordinating taking a lead role with at least 2 reports
* Experience of implementing IT change into a live IT environment
* Strong background in Service Introduction and Transition within a complex business environment
* Have strong experience enforcing Service Introduction and transition process and ideally a strong understanding of project methodologies such as Prince 2
* Be able to manage diverse and challenging stakeholders
* ITIL Foundation accredited
* Desirable to have experience of ServiceNow and/or Jira
* Experience of project plan development, maintenance and reporting
* Experience of managing delivery from third parties
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence a wide range of stakeholders
* Significant experience of the full transition management project life cycle, transitioning large scale projects covering multiple internal teams and multiple vendors, from development into support;
* Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with subordinates, colleagues, clients and customers at all levels, both formally and informally – a strong communicator who develops relationships for mutual gain.
* Experience managing internal teams and suppliers to deliver Change initiatives against requirements and timelines/costs
* Extensive experience working in an IT operational environment with a good understanding of technology and operational security
* Experience of the regulatory and audit requirements
* Broad knowledge of service management and continuous service improvement technologies
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Related professional qualifications are beneficial, but not essential.
* ITIL version 3 Foundation (minimum). Preferable ITIL v3 Service Lifecycle Certification Service Transition
Benefits include – Annual Bonus, 25 Days holiday increasing with loyalty, Generous pension contribution, Childcare vouchers, Staff discounts and many more
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.