Job Reference: JSRS-ONYX
Salary: £25k - 30k per year + Brilliant Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 01-12-2017
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Burton upon Trent, England, Staffordshire
Our market leading, unique client who have experienced genuine growth in recent times, is looking for an experienced IT Support Engineer to joint heir team based near Burton upon Trent, on a permanent basis.
Working in a truly innovative and special environment, the IT Support Engineer must have strong organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills, and can work as a liaison among stakeholders for the delivery of new IT solutions and changes to existing systems.
IT Support – Key Skills:
* Knowledge of VMware and Hyper‐V virtualisation platforms
* Working knowledge of networks, LAN/WAN Networking (routers, switches, firewalls,
* VPN, VLAN, SAN Storage, NAS devices)
* Knowledge of desktop and server operations systems (including but not limited to
* Windows 10)
* Experience in managing and setting up Active Directory Domains and Office 365
* Management of a multi‐server environment
* Previous knowledge of corporate antivirus solutions, encryption products and backup
* Experience in using and implementing help desk case management and Asset
* management systems
* Experience in vendor contract management
* Must be a car owner with a driver’s licence, as the role involves occasional travel
* Sociable, friendly, personable and professional mannerisms
IT Support Responsibilities:
* Support the IT infrastructure and Virtualised environments
* Oversee and manage the day‐to‐day operations and project delivery of the IT environment.
* Manage support desk for both internal and external users
* Assist the IT Helpdesk to achieve objectives based on customer engagement and service
* Investigate, manage and resolve problems, faults and inquiries
* Responsible for system and data backups, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning and execution.
* Taking ownership of the root cause analysis process for incidents to 2 nd line.
* Ensure proper Change Management procedures and controls are in place.
* Maintain overall security of the Company’s network, systems and data
* Manage IT procedures, policies, practices and standards are implemented effectively
* Maintain and update all system documentation, records, instructions, and security procedures
* Responsible for ensuring SLAs and budget targets are hit
* Manage implementation and support of internal business application software;
* Investigate and analyse new and existing software products, with a view to future enhancements and upgrades
* Prepare overall status and activity metrics that documents and tracks delivery of IT services.
IT Support – Benefits:
* Annual Leave
* Pension scheme
* Life Assurance x3
* Mobile phone allowance – £40 per month
* Opportunity to have use of amazing client facilities
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation