IT Transformation Specialist
Job Reference: ITS15685
Salary: Â£30000 - Â£35000 Per Annum Car Allowance + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Vacancy Posted: 13-09-2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Aldershot, England, Hampshire
IT Transformation Specialist required for a leading client in Aldershot for an exciting permanent position
Reporting to the IT Transformation Manager, you will be a skilled IT professional with experience of delivering technical solutions largely focused around IT infrastructure to help ensure the success of our client. You will help identify and drive efficiencies with other subsidiaries and divisions of the client to leverage suppliers, standards and support capability with the focus being on the right people, product, processes and partners.
The role will require you to work collaboratively with your internal colleagues as well as a number of third party providers. You will ideally have experience working in project environments and will have the ability to build relationships with your colleagues, be that on a piece of project work, as part of an agile product team or helping your colleagues tackle a service incident.
* Provide technical solution ownership, evaluating designs and alternatives prior to delivering infrastructure and services as part of a project or product team
* Hands on exposure to various technology and also working with third party managed service providers
* Keep abreast of the latest IT and practises. Identify and realise potential of existing and new technologies, process and people in order to gain efficiencies in working
* Ensure design documentation and operational procedures are produced and maintained
* Complete documentation ranging from RFC’s, Application landscapes, network topologies and project documentation such as highlight reports and lessons learned documents
* Provide appropriate support and training material to help transition products and projects into live operations.
Essential technical skills and experience
* Deep knowledge of Windows server technologies, Windows 10 and Office365
* Networking technology – Cisco switches -min CCNA accredited, Meraki wireless, Enterprise Mobility Management tools, Load Balancers and Firewalls
* Experience in automation tools such as PowerShell, Ansible, Chef
* Excellent working experience of key infrastructure technology such as VMWare, Active Directory, storage and security
* Background in enterprise technology
* Experience of DevOps and Agile development methods and tools
* Use of cloud technologies (ideally Azure / AWS) and the ability to identify opportunities to leverage cloud technologies such as PaaS
* ITIL V3
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website http://proactive.it/privacy-notice/
Proactive Appointments Limited take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information you provide to us as part of your application for this vacancy will only be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or would like further information please email GDPR@proactive.it.